Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
No ballpark figure has been given yet (i.e. no more than 1800 like the Wild Goose chase cars), but they supposedly come one to a Master Case.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No ballpark figure has been given yet (i.e. no more than 1800 like the Wild Goose chase cars), but they supposedly come one to a Master Case.
As there 1800+ Targets. 1 per store. That is what I figured. But M2 distributors received too, and many say "More than one available".

Since 88 of the Boss 302 Mustangs have been on the bay. (calculated "the didn't sell" & relisted) I calcd a ratio of 20 to 1. It adds up. Yes, I am a recalcitrant.

P.S. some dist. have more than one. Shame.

Thank you for a honest response. Thanks too Sean.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
1800+ Target stores is totally irrelavent, as here in the Twin Cities only 50-60% (roughly) even carry the Drivers series. You can also factor in MANY smaller Targets in rural areas do NOT carry them either. I'm not sure what your point is?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
1800+ Target stores is totally irrelavent, as here in the Twin Cities only 50-60% (roughly) even carry the Drivers series. You can also factor in MANY smaller Targets in rural areas do NOT carry them either. I'm not sure what your point is?
I think he (with me included) are trying to get a clear answer about how many of these have been made.

The point is clear, but your response is not. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I think he (with me included) are trying to get a clear answer about how many of these have been made.

The point is clear, but your response is not. :rolleyes:
Well DUH! I believe I addressed that (also, to his line of thinking). However, he is somehow equating the "possible" 1800 production (ala Wild Goose Chase cars) with 1800 Targets, making an average of 1 per store. Since 40-50% of Targets did NOT include M2 vehicles in their last re-set, HOW is that relevant?? How was my response NOT clear?!?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
So, your claim that this series was was not at all Targets is based on your observation (which is not a random sample) of not finding them at Targets in your area? :confused:
It was always my understanding (confirmed by M2 at one point) that all Target stores would get at least 1 case of these.
Unless you have it on their authority that this is not true, I think that the logic jam5691 is using above is sound. ;)

In addition, M2 needs to address this issue, and the fact that they are not is making me reconsider buying their chase pieces because numbers are everything to me. I'm sure this will solicit some responses (as usual). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
So, your claim that this series was was not at all Targets is based on your observation (which is not a random sample) of not finding them at Targets in your area? :confused:
It was always my understanding (confirmed by M2 at one point) that all Target stores would get at least 1 case of these.
Unless you have it on their authority that this is not true, I think that the logic jam5691 is using above is sound. ;)

In addition, M2 needs to address this issue, and the fact that they are not is making me reconsider buying their chase pieces because numbers are everything to me. I'm sure this will solicit some responses (as usual). :rolleyes:
Let me speak very slowly. Hopefully, you will understand me then. I live in the Twin Cities of St. Paul/Minneapolis MN, the 15th largest metropolitan area in the US. Here, since the LATEST Toy re-set, Super Targets carry the M2 products. Greatland Targets may or may NOT carry M2 products, presumably based upon size. Smaller, plain old Targets do NOT carry M2 products. Now, at one point, I believe they ALL carried M2 products, but they no longer do. The Drivers series was not carried by Target PRIOR to the LATEST re-set, hence almost half (again, here in the 15th largest Metropolitan area in the US--not to mention Target's CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS!!) of the stores here have NEVER carried a single Drivers series M2 vehicle. Will that change after X-Mas? I do not know. What M2 may or may not have said six moths ago does NOT hold true now.

I have no idea who you are trying to impress by using statistical analysis terms in an attempt to undermine what I am saying. :rolleyes:

What I am saying is based upon FACT. I'm a great host. Come on over and I'll give you a personal tour!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Let me speak very slowly. Hopefully, you will understand me then. I live in the Twin Cities of St. Paul/Minneapolis MN, the 15th largest metropolitan area in the US. Here, since the LATEST Toy re-set, Super Targets carry the M2 products. Greatland Targets may or may NOT carry M2 products, presumably based upon size. Smaller, plain old Targets do NOT carry M2 products. Now, at one point, I believe they ALL carried M2 products, but they no longer do. The Drivers series was not carried by Target PRIOR to the LATEST re-set, hence almost half (again, here in the 15th largest Metropolitan area in the US--not to mention Target's CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS!!) of the stores here have NEVER carried a single Drivers series M2 vehicle. Will that change after X-Mas? I do not know. What M2 may or may not have said six moths ago does NOT hold true now.

I have no idea who you are trying to impress by using statistical analysis terms in an attempt to undermine what I am saying. :rolleyes:

What I am saying is based upon FACT. I'm a great host. Come on over and I'll give you a personal tour!!
You have yet to convince me that you are correct here.
By your logic, I just moved from San Antonio, Texas (the 7th largest city in America, no metroplex needed) and every single Target (Super and regular) carried the Drivers series 1 when they were released.
Likewise for Austin, TX (16th largest city).

In addition, M2 confirmed that this was the case not just for the San Antonio/Austin markets, but for all markets (unless they have retracted that, but once again, you do not know if that is true or false; you just speculate). Thus, unless you work for Target, you cannot say for fact that all Targets in your town did not carry them. True, you may not have seen them at all your Targets, but lack of observation is not equal to lack of presence (unless you are at all the Targets in your town all the time, and if so, you are 100% correct and I will rest my case ;)).

However, enough games and bickering here. It is pointless and a complete waste of time. ;)

The topic of this thread is to determine the production numbers on chase pieces. We can argue over trivial numbers all day long and get no where because neither of us knows the true answer. Only M2 does. :cool:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
You have yet to convince me that you are correct here.
By your logic, I just moved from San Antonio, Texas (the 7th largest city in America, no metroplex needed) and every single Target (Super and regular) carried the Drivers series 1 when they were released.
Likewise for Austin, TX (16th largest city).

In addition, M2 confirmed that this was the case not just for the San Antonio/Austin markets, but for all markets (unless they have retracted that, but once again, you do not know if that is true or false; you just speculate). Thus, unless you work for Target, you cannot say for fact that all Targets in your town did not carry them. True, you may not have seen them at all your Targets, but lack of observation is not equal to lack of presence (unless you are at all the Targets in your town all the time, and if so, you are 100% correct and I will rest my case ;)).
Unfortunately, trying to discuss this with you is like trying to discuss anything intelligently with my three year-old. Unless I work for Target, I cannot know for sure that the stores did or did not get a case of Drivers 1 cars, even when they were not in the set and there was no place for them, as I could not possibly have visited every store at the correct time to discern this. YET, you can assure me that EVERY single Target in San Antonio got a case of Drivers 1 cars?!? PUHLEASE!!!

It's only pointless because for some unknown reason you cannot acknowledge that a particular situation exists. You apply a particular logic when addressing me, yet you totally ignore it and apply another, self-serving I might add, to yourself.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I actually did find them at all the Targets in both Austin and San Antonio because I went the week they put them all out. Therefore, my logic is sound here.

However, you have started the age old response on this board these days; name calling. :rolleyes:

My work here is done. ;)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I actually did find them at all the Targets in both Austin and San Antonio because I went the week they put them all out. Therefore, my logic is sound here.

However, you have started the age old response on this board these days; name calling. :rolleyes:

My work here is done. ;)
Yes, I am finished here as well, as trying to intelligently discuss anything with you is pointless! You only served to re-inforce my point with your final sentence. I dare you, or anyone else, to show me where I resorted to name calling?!? No name calling, no edited posts..............just logic which seems to be lost on you!!

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My apologies to both of you for not stating my line of reasoning intelligently and creating this situation.

I need to think more globally, instead of Tx.ally.
Astroking2 confirmed from market 7 & 16, what I saw in market 4, we received Driver 1 and 2, and some got Driver 2 restocks.

Joe, your perspective on market 15 was definitely different from what I observed. Thanks!

Kind regards, Gentlemen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.