Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
This casting has been favorite of mine since I had the original ones back in the day.

They could do repaints of this and it's companion casting,the Snake,as many times as they want,it never gets old for me.

I missed the boat on these.Were they part of a track set????

Did not have a Target anywhere near where I lived until around 2004.

Mike

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Mike, Their was a Race Set that was released back in 1993 called Mongoose & Snake Drag Race Set that came with the 2 cars White Snake & Blue Goose w/Track

Vintage single packs were out at the same time and I had them as well.... I believe Floyds cars are the Vintage Cars if I am right.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These (2) cars are variations of the Mongoose Funny Cars that were included with the Target "Mongoose vs. Snake Drag Race Set". As far as I know, these examples were never offered on the single "Vintage" card. I still need to find the Snake Funny Car examples from that set.

Along with the Funny Car set, there were plans to re-produce the "Mongoose vs. Snake Wild Wheelie Set" for Target stores, but it never happened. The reason was said to be due to too many "collectors" returning the Funny Car sets after the cars had been removed or from just plain stealing the cars from the set right in the store. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Nice Ones Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts