Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11,743 Posts
jedimario said:
Definately coulda done without the "tooning" on this one. Had great potential, but the great minds at Mattel prevail again...
I must admit, I thought the same thing when I picked it up, and put it back. Thought it was something, then I realized it wasn't. Another miss from Mattel in my opinion. Seems to be the norm lately.

· Registered
11,743 Posts
Analog said:
not sure what you mean by selections voting. Please explain.
The sELECTIONs voting is an RLC deal where the members vote on the castings, color/deco, and wheel type, and then the car is made to those specifications and sold in whatever quantity is ordered by the members. The voting is done in rounds, which typically last a week starting with 8 castings paired in 4 groups, and half are eliminated each week until there is one left. Then the process is repeated for color/deco and wheel type.

I haven't participated in a while so I don't know if it has changed at all. I remember the fierce battle that took place when they made the Mustang Mach 1. The vote went down to the wire between Real Riders and Redlines, through tons of lobbying and debating, Redlines ended up winning by like 10 votes out of several thousand votes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.