Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
...but I just can't for the life of me figure out why they can't just save the really off-beat exagerations for the fantasy cars and kid related stuff.
Ummm mainline Hot Wheels are kid related stuff.... they more or less eliminated the adult line when they got rid of the black boxes. Now you need to be in the RLC for that kind of stuff... and even that is having it problems with kid related stuff... check out the sELECTIONs voting that is going on now if you want to know what I am talking about.

· Registered
562 Posts
Analog said:
not sure what you mean by selections voting. Please explain.
The selections voting takes place for 4 castings per year. You do have to be a Red Line Club Member over at HWC to be able to view and vote on the castings. Some of the castings created in the sELECTIONs have been, in my opinion, some of the nicest ever released from the RLC. Here are a couple of example of sELECTIONs cars:

But the current sELECTIONs voting now has a 68 Mustang (casting is the same as was in the classics line) being handed it's rear end by the UGLY (in my opinion) Kahrmann Ghia from the Ultra hots line. To me the wing on that car is absurd and would look cool to a kid, but not for me. I would rather they had used the Ghia that was put out in the Kalifornia Kustoms from last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.