Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Target shipment was Clue

and last TRU was the VW 2 and plenty of Pony Power box sets.

Anyone else having better luck?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Out here in the Hinterlands of Tacoma, Washington we have been getting the new pony power 5 car packs for aboutr a month now and the VW's are also out. These VW's look like an old release. Apparently TRU is clearing out the warehouse. Target is not carring JL anymore around here and Kmart has Clue.
Wally world is one I couldn't tell you about. I haven't been there in a while.
Richard

·
Registered
487 Posts
The local Wal-Mart and Target have about 500 Clue cars between them, and there has been nothing else for a while. Same at TRU. Worse yet, the Hobby Lobby reduced its peg space for JL by about 60% a couple of weeks ago. Don't know why -- anybody else seeing this?

·
Registered
817 Posts
yes very flustrating nothing to buy

non of our stores in central fla have anything new to buy a few old clues,odds and ends
target bone dry
walmart bone dry
tru a joke
some day the light may go off in toy managers minds u can not sell it if you dont carry it.
steve45fla

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I believe the dry spell is due to RC2 moving everything to there warehouse. I havent had anything new for the last month until this week, now I am over my head in little cars and so far behind I should not be here but man I needed a break. Lets see Classic Gold 24, Chevy Thunder, Universal Monsters, Coke Polar Bears / Santa, Muscle Cars IV release 6, and CARS release 9 with the 10th Anniversary 1971 Plymouth Duster. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Rose & I did find...

a Pony Power box set with '73 Red Mustang WL at the TRU about 2 miles from Midway Airport in Chicago, on the way home from the fest Monday morning! :)

Other than that......ZILCH, NADA!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Target on Long Island (New York) Has Pez, and Grateful Dead releases. other than that, Just ToysRus Pony packs. Saving money, guess new stock will arrive sooner or later?

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's a bit better in the midwest. Here in Michigan, our own superstore chain, Meijers, is through the Street Freaks 9 [13 on the back of the card, BWF Nash], Mustangs, Mopar or No Car, Grateful Dead, CG 24 Part 2 [Hurst Olds], and Universal Monsters. As usual, all the Monsters cars are still here except for the VW's. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Last weekend, Advanced Auto had 7, WalMart had the same 12 as the prior weekend. Although I did pick up the PIP Honda and I'm a muscle car man. The guy at Auto Zone laughed at me, I thought they carried them? Waiting on the floodgates.

·
Registered
633 Posts
2004 has been a terrible year for RC products up here in Canada and I haven't seen diddly since the takeover. I sure hope it gets better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
prbwheels said:
The local Wal-Mart and Target have about 500 Clue cars between them, and there has been nothing else for a while. Same at TRU. Worse yet, the Hobby Lobby reduced its peg space for JL by about 60% a couple of weeks ago. Don't know why -- anybody else seeing this?
In my HL they did the same thing cut the usual space by 50%, but they took out all the old stuff and moved it to a second location and had it all marked down half-off or so. It was all stuff like Thunderbirds, Willys gassers II, and so on, nothing too interesting for me. You may want to scope around your local HL in some different spots however:thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have ask 2 different target store managers in the St. Louis area and they have told me that they would not be carring JL's anymore. I don't know if it true but that is what I've been told. They have no space on thier x-mas layouts for JL's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts