Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tamiya(?) Pteranodon model that I bought a probably 10-15 years ago at a dollar store. I paid a dollar for it then,but never having seen it before,I did'nt think it would be very good. To my surprise it was a neat, little, fairly accurate Pteranodon. I saw a couple on ebay go for $40.00 a while back. I wondered if it had been reissued by Tamiya lately. I would like to get another one for a possible diorama scene. Anybody know anything more about this kit ,or have pictures of a built up one? Thanks.:)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
If you really do mean the Tamiya Pteranodon, it's long out of production. The e-place would be your best bet, but they don't show up there very often...

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
So thanks to djnick, ... I got my Tamiya Pteranodon in the mail today. Bought it from the Japanese Yahoo auctions site. The kit's actually not bad. Would have been cool if it had been perched, but not a problem. It's a cool and somewhat rare kit. And more, importantly, it's 1/35 scale, so it will go well with all my other 1/35 prehistoric critters.

Glad I got it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a Tamiya(?) Pteranodon model that I bought a probably 10-15 years ago at a dollar store. I paid a dollar for it then,but never having seen it before,I did'nt think it would be very good. To my surprise it was a neat, little, fairly accurate Pteranodon. I saw a couple on ebay go for $40.00 a while back. I wondered if it had been reissued by Tamiya lately. I would like to get another one for a possible diorama scene. Anybody know anything more about this kit ,or have pictures of a built up one? Thanks.:)
Hello !

The kit was originally produced and given out to visitors at the Tamiya Factory in Japan in the early/mid 80's as a momento to their visit at the factory . It was a kit that was NEVER sold to the public at large . It always was sealed with a cardboard header . The original header said " MODEL JAPAN " on it . The later version said " TAMIYA " on the header .

I still have several of both , and am currently offering one in one of my Kits for Sale lists on this website if you are still looking for another one .

GK

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Hello !

The kit was originally produced and given out to visitors at the Tamiya Factory in Japan in the early/mid 80's as a momento to their visit at the factory . It was a kit that was NEVER sold to the public at large . It always was sealed with a cardboard header . The original header said " MODEL JAPAN " on it . The later version said " TAMIYA " on the header .

I still have several of both , and am currently offering one in one of my Kits for Sale lists on this website if you are still looking for another one .

GK
That's cool. Thanks for the details!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts