Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever built any of these and do they go together like the Aurora Prehistoric Scenes bases do? Has anyone ever put these Tamiya bases together? Any pics?

Thanks!

MMM

·
Registered
701 Posts
MonsterModelMan said:
Has anyone ever built any of these and do they go together like the Aurora Prehistoric Scenes bases do? Has anyone ever put these Tamiya bases together? Any pics?

Thanks!

MMM
I've built the T. rex, and yep, the bases do indeed interlock, Aurora-style. Kind of an odd thing... they included green paper & templates to cut "palm fronds" out of it for a cycad on the base. Also included was a scale human "safari-type" figure.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
I have a real hard time dealing with seams on living things. I prefer vynil dino models. At least the seams are on limb joints rather than where the zipper would go on a suit :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
from_beyond said:
What's strange is that Tamiya makes such nice hardware but those Dinos are a little weak.
I bought and built all of them a few years ago. Arguably the Tamiya dinos may be a little weak compared to some of the better resin dinos put out there in the last few years but the are without doubt the best styrene dinos ever made.

Optional "to build" poses, very detailed bases, lots of extra Cretaceous critters and pretty accurate depictions of the dinos. I highly recommend them.

The green paper "palm fronds" finished out very well too, IMO.

Sorry, I have no pics.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
They are Cool!!

:cool: I wish they would do some new ones because they are really cool!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd like to see them to do a pleistocene series. Sabertooths, mammoths, giant sloths, arctodus, etc. I think the guys at Tamiya could do this genre real justice in styrene.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts