Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get out of my comfort zone and build a Sinky Thingy. She was a fun Kit to put together but the Eduard P/E was a real pain even after annealing it. I gave her a "Been at Sea for a while look" for some fun also. Any C and C's are welcome.....Cheers Mark

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've always thought that was one of the most interesting subs ever made. You did a great job on it and I particularly like the plane. (which did come out of that hole!)

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Nice work. Those are really neat and interesting subs. An interesting detail is that for the Panama Canal raid the Seiran bombers would not/did not have their floats fitted (one way mission) and had the paint scraped off for a bare metal finish. US markings were roughly applied. It was hoped the natural metal, US marked planes, would be mistaken for US planes operating in the canal zone.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Even without anything in the picture for size reference, it still looks like it's BIG even for 1:350!

Looks really good. :thumbsup:

HAL9001-

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've always thought that was one of the most interesting subs ever made. You did a great job on it and I particularly like the plane. (which did come out of that hole!)
So the plane was assembled after coming out of the tube before takeoff? Looks like just about everything would have to be removed or folded. Cool. Time to do some research...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let you know that she could carry 3 Aircraft. A little bit cramped me thinks.....Cheers mark

·
Registered
447 Posts
surfsup,
Nice job on the build. I had this kit at one time, but sold it because the of the small size of the parts. I take my hat off to you getting it done!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The Seiran was especially developed to be carried by subs. There was a land-based training version called the Nanzan that had simple stick like, non retractable landing gear. The Japanese had other sub carried bombers too like the Glen, which was the only axis aircraft to bomb the continental US during world war II.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I've seen Marks sub in the flesh and I have to say the pics don't really do it justice.
It's gorgeous!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:)

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I think they have a newer version of this same kit with the superstructure molded in clear plastic so you can see the folded airplanes stowed inside.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They certainly do. You can also get a Railing Set for it. The Set has some Drilling Masks also. You lay them down on the Deck and Drill out the Railing Holes. YIKES.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts