Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my build of the Tamiya 1:35 scale T-Rex. http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/S_Coffey/T-Rex/ The kit really isn't that good but I built it anyway. Hey I spent a whole $8 on it! I bought to go with the T-Rex skeleton I have. I think it turned out ok. I hope to get the large T-Rex kit from Tamiya to put next to my T-Rex bones.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Wish I could see it better S.C., the pix come up dark on my screen. I do like him lurking around the foliage tho. What are the 'red-ish' looking plants you have there ?
Compared to the other Tamiya-saurs the Rex isn't all that great a sculpt but you've done well with it.
I like the idea of a "flesh" model & skeleton in one display. I have a Lindburg Rex & Glenco skeleton in my stash I may combine SOMEday ! ( IF I can only convince the wife to give up the dining room for shelf space ??!! )

·
Oxidation Genius
31,278 Posts
Isn't that the old Pyro T-rex? Is Tamiya selling it now?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John P said:
Isn't that the old Pyro T-rex? Is Tamiya selling it now?
I don't know, I just know it wasn't a very good kit. But hey it kind of reminded me of the old stop action movie T-Rexs.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dabs they are just shrub clippings from my front yard! I clearcoated them I hope they don't dry out too bad. I ended up putting it on a shelf in the living room.Way at the top of the shelf where it is kinda hard to see!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Steven they should be ok. I use that kind of stuff at times. Also that fine, delecate, "fern-ey" stuff from Wal-Mart. I just hit em with a spray of the wife's hard-to-hold hair spray to "set" them in, then spray with Dullcote or can laquer or airbrushed sealer.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,278 Posts
Um. Tamiya's been making kits for, like, 40 years.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've got an unbuilt Tamiya T-Rex kit of that type. I always thought of it as just a bad sculpt of a dinosaur (as we now understand them). I never thought about it as a good sculpt of a 1950's sci-fi dinosaur. Now I'm inspired to build it. :lol:

-Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts