Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!

I'm new to the site...looking forward to reading posts and checking things out here. I would welcome advice from experienced SW model lighting folks - I want to start with my MPC Millennium Falcon.

I'm an experienced modeler but have never done lighting before, so in your opinion(s) what would be some things for me to consider before "taking the plunge"? Techniques, websites, lighting kits, tools (especially tools - please be as specific as you can). Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, from those of you who've done this before, any thing you wish you'd done differently, lessons learned?

Thanks so much,
Andy

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Sigh..Ok, I'll send you a PM with my contact info. I ain't writing all this stuff down, you can call me and I'll give you a shopping list..then when you have all the stuff I'll teach you over the phone. Sound OK?

Steve

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That sounds like a plan! There's someone building a Falcon on here somewhere that is really cool. You can also look it up in the search bar to find all the information on refitting one of these.

~ Chris​

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Steve, you beat me to it! Lighting a kit like the Falcon would be pretty easy. You have enterior lights, head lights, engine lights, and bottom flood lights. A pretty simple set up. Plus the bonus of having all that enterior space for wiring! It's nothing like trying to cram 40 lights in a model like, say, a Spinner!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Robiwon, If you wanna mess with it, have at it.
I'm busier than a one-eyed-man in a Burlesque Show...and I haven't heard a peep from the guy in 3 days.

Steve

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Well he has not been on the board since the day he posted. I can get gim hooked up if he comes back. I'll shoot him a PM with my number as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks...

...for writing, guys! I'll be in touch soon to hear your suggestions about the Falcon. Or call me if you like at 574-272-2541. Weekends are good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts