Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a long-range plan to redo the section of my website that's devoted to my wife's dollhouses. It's pretty basic right now. My goal is to have it set up so you can visit each individual house, and go into every single room.

I've been photographing the rooms, trying to light them only thru their windows, so they look as real as possible. So far I'm up to 92 photos covering only the first seven of her ten large dollhouses and 25 small room-boxes!

I've knocked together a sample, testing how I want to do the whole site. After an overall picture of the basement display, you'll be able to go to a detail page on each dollhouse. From there you'll be able to click on each room to go into it.

What I have ready is only the section for one dollhouse, a 4-story Brownstone. I thought I'd share and see what everybody thinks.

So, click on a room to visit it.

Don't bother with the "back to dollhouses" link at the bottom of each page, it doesn't go anywhere yet.

http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/dollhouse07.html

Comments and suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Cool idea, John. I like the way the pictures line up and then you can just click on them for the larger photo.
Great photography. The rooms look great.
Of course as mentioned on these boards before, your wife is a kick-ass modeler herself. The detail in those houses are just incredible. I know she puts a lot of modelers o this board to shame. Myself included.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Tell your wife she's very talented. I like a lot of the rooms in that dollhouse. The study, music room, foyer, especially. By the way, the piano bench fell over. :)

Great lighting! They look very realistic. This actually got me thinking I might want to do a dollhouse someday. I might need to give it to a niece or sell it on eBay after I'm done, though. :)

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
HOLY COW MAN!

She ROCKS! that is EXCELLENT work!!
:thumbsup:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richard Compton said:
Tell your wife she's very talented. I like a lot of the rooms in that dollhouse. The study, music room, foyer, especially. By the way, the piano bench fell over.
I was hoping nobody would notice. :drunk:
I didn't see that till after I'd put the house away, torn down the lighting setup and downloaded the pictures. It's gonna stay that way! :lol:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Man my "house" isn't even that nice... Tell her she has alot of talent and also tell her how lucky she is to have someone like you that will support "her" hobby along with his own... Your a good man Charlie Brown.

Nice Pics!

Travis

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It's good for a couple to each have their own obseession... err, hobby. :)

Grat work on the dollhouse, and on the photos too, John. :thumbsup:

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
^^ Yep! A few figures could easily explain the knocked over piano stool.

BTW: Most excellent work!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i like it !!! i'm flabbergasted , incredible detail . i've always been fond of dollhouses . one day i would like to do a haunted house dollhouse ( don't know where i'd put it ....) .
hb

·
Oxidation Genius
31,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mary did a haunted one. I haven't done the html on it yet, though. May favorite part is the the little smiling ceramic cartoon mice she bought, standing around a bloody axe. :lol:

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Definately need to ask her to build a hobby room with all of your kits in there and minatures of her doll houses! Now that would be really cool!:cool:

At least a minature of the 1701 on little Johnies dresser!:lol:

Great Job on the pics...looks realistic and tell Mary...GREAT JOB on those house rooms!

MMM

·
Registered
783 Posts
I still have a half-completed doll house I was doing with my wife years ago. We just ran out of steam, but kept it because it was so much fun, we keep thinking we'll get back into it again.

Anyway, I always thought a haunted house would be the coolest. Can't wait to see your pictures.

·
Registered
303 Posts
WOW is right. Those are incredible pics of incredible detail! I have a huge one that needs to be restored. It's kinda freaky - like the one in Nightmare On Elm Street. Creeps me out which is probably why I haven't started on it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts