--rick

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
yeah, that IS cool.

but me and wood don't get along... :rolleyes:

--rick
Diddo. I can do just about anything with metal and plastic, but wood, well, I can make big pieces into little pieces.......

Nice track though!

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ParkRNDL said:
yeah, that IS cool.

but me and wood don't get along... :rolleyes:

--rick
Rick, is there a wood shop at your school?
Maybe you could enlist some students to build one...
Scott

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That is great... I have always wondered how to put in rails for power. I was going to use braid, But this way would be lots cheaper and more durable too. Drag strip first to make sure it works well then a 4 laner...

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
noddaz said:
Rick, is there a wood shop at your school?
Maybe you could enlist some students to build one...
Scott
Sadly, no. They phased it out and beefed up the computer technology lab. I mean, what IS middle school without wood shop and wooden CO2 racing cars and those goofy lamp projects? I weep for the youth of today...

--rick

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
Sadly, no. They phased it out and beefed up the computer technology lab. I mean, what IS middle school without wood shop and wooden CO2 racing cars and those goofy lamp projects? I weep for the youth of today...

--rick

They don't know what they're missing. Sure was interesting seeing that guy run his finger through the bandsaw when he was trying to trim up that piece of framing he had for a project. Ouch! :devil: rr

·
Registered
675 Posts
roadrner said:
They don't know what they're missing. Sure was interesting seeing that guy run his finger through the bandsaw when he was trying to trim up that piece of framing he had for a project. Ouch! :devil: rr
That's funny. My gr 8 shop teach was missing 2 fingers due to an accident with that very tool. (but he had a sense of humor about it) Made US all a bit more careful for sure. Anyway, slots would be an awesome project for school...surprised it doesn't happen more often.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Maybe you can get those computer geeks to design a computer comtrolled slot car system. I know some colleges have done these sort of projects.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Man, that is an incredible track. I've used that rebar tie wire while doing concrete work before.......but I never would have thought about using it for powering a slot track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts