Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get a thread started for the new T4. Unless I just didn't see it already started. I will be in line for mine come fall when this summers activities die out. But in the mean time I want to here from everyone on the new piece. What you think is good and bad. Whatever. Let us know when you get yours, etc....

·
Registered
448 Posts
It is the most adjustable truck that Associated has produced. You will notice that small changes make a noticable difference! It is also very durable.They should be in hobby shops on the east coast by mid-nextweek. :thumbsup:

Walter

·
Registered
200 Posts
I saw a T-4 on track at planetrc last saturday and it was kicking some serious losi but, still can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have just finished putting together a T3 and i only hope they do a better job on the T4, i spent two nights steady working to polish the front and rear swing arm pins and honing the holes out before i could even slide a pin into the arms. They were very tight. I have built assoc stuff in the past and not had this problem, needless to say i was very discouraged about associated's quality.

Jimmy D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just got finished running some practice rounds with Travis Amezcua (associated factory driver) and he was running a T4. great truck from what i seen and ran against. it wont put the losi's out like everyone thought/continues to think, but its a nice one. i am a Losi guy, but its good to see a lil competition for the XXXT. a T3 just can't survive here. i'm sure they could BE competitive, but all who have had them prefer the XXXT over it with the exception of a few. I know it could be YEARS from now, but i can't wait to see what losi comes out with next . it keeps getting better and better........ ;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Does anyone know if any of the parts are swappable with the T3? Not meaning using the same part but say I want to use T4 steering knuckles on my T3 for some reason....will they work?

I dont get to race enough any more to really justify buying a new truck but Id like to have other tuning options available is all.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
I believe he was asking from the other point of view, T4 to T3. :)

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Not neccassarily, depends on the "modifier" involved. :) I haven't studied the two trucks a lot but it seems like you "might" be able to get things like caster blocks and rear hubs to work with a T3. Why you would do this is maybe in question unless the width can be changed slightly or correct parts for your vehicle aren't available at the time but it might be worth a look.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Exactly, Im looking to change track width and roll center.

Just cause something wasnt made to fit doesnt mean it wont, Heck I have a few Losi parts on my T3 now, they weren't ment to fit but they do.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Pat.....oval racing trucks and buggies indoors on carpet you have to be innovative sometimes and we have guys come up with all kinds of creations. :D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Yep, I use to be a dirt oval racer....still would be if there was someplace close enough to run it.

I have this great (semi radical) idea for a truck that would have a more efficient gearbox than anything out there too, maybe some day Ill make one.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts