Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to dirt oval, ran the first time this weekend. Took 3rd in the a-main with about 16 ppl. I was running my t4 and got it doing pretty good but i really have no clue how to set one up. Anybody running the t4\b4 on oval?? Also what is the deal with silicone tires?? where can i get some and will they fit the t4\b4? thanks...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I run both. My T-4 I leave the way its setup from the instructions. Yes its set up for off-road, but its close. You might play with the shocks a lil but it wont be much. I run mine MOD with a Mccallister Retro Ford body. Looks cool, has a high rear spolier built in. Works for me. I ran a 9X1 with a 87/16 last weekend at Jacksonville IL and qual 8th in the A with it. Mind you that was against Nitro and Wedge cars. So thats no to bad.

The B-4 I have greens on front and rear. I run a EDM body with no mounts. I use the front shock tower to hold the nose down. The rear shock tower is the rear body mount. That way I can go back to off-road if I need to without changing a bunch of stuff. I ran a 84/22 stock I think... Not sure.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I run a t4 13.5 gearing is 26/36 springs are green in back green and silver in front silver shock is on the left side Mcallister thunder valley truck body truck is lowered for a low center of grativy our track is 256' drive line banked blue grooved dirt oval. Ya I already know what some of you are going to say that my gearing is wrong but I found a way to put losi gears on my T4 I finish in the top 5 with it most of the time Hope this helps you out

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am new to dirt oval, ran the first time this weekend. Took 3rd in the a-main with about 16 ppl. I was running my t4 and got it doing pretty good but i really have no clue how to set one up. Anybody running the t4b4 on oval?? Also what is the deal with silicone tires?? where can i get some and will they fit the t4b4? thanks...
Silicone tires are outlawed at many tracks...I know that they are not allowed at my local tracks...and I am glad! I've never used them...but from what I have heard...they provide great traction! I think that silicone tires are something that you do yourself...or find someone else to make them for you.

Unless silicone tires are already being used at your local track...I don't think that I would reccommend being the first. You may find that you wasted your time & money if your car kicks butt with the new tires and they quickly outlaw them...or you may end up racing against yourself if others don't want to mess with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts