Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not new to the hobby, only to electic stadium trucks. I have one quick question. Should I buy a used FT t3 in great shape or go with the new t4? Will I notice that huge of a difference? I'll be racing guys with the XXX-T and T4. Will the t3 FT be almost equal in performance to the standard t4? Thanks for any response.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
If you can set it up and drive, it will be competitive. Just because a vehicle is of "the last generation" doesn't mean it won't be competitve. A lot of it to me would depend on price. If it is a smokin' deal compared to what a T4 would cost, go for it!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Definetly go with the t3 out my home track t3's do better than t4's. they dont break as much as t4's and you can also find them vrey cheap

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
T3

I was running a XXXT MF (all graphite and all the goodies) and bought a used T3 that was all stock not Team Truck (no graphite). I rebuilt it and immediately ran one lap more than with the XXXT MF.

I believe the T3 will work. You can buy them cheap and parts are out there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm getting a good deal on one. The lhs stocks the parts because people still race the truck. Although, there is only one in the mod class I'll be racing in.

·
Registered
940 Posts
craftmastaschiz said:
no definitally the xxxt's are doing the best at are track kybob remember nextime mike wont break[/QUOTE

don't listen to this idiot I know him he pits right next to me and can't drive an rc car for his life. the t3 is a great truck, it is indestructible and handles quite well. there is a guy at our track who is always in second place who runs a t3 rtr.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
In offroad its all in the driving and tuning.

On those brown roadcourses that they call offroad tracks where they usually hold big races its a bit different, but thats not offroad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have both a T-3 and a new T-4 and I noticed a difference in handling right off the bat. The 4 will outhandle the 3 on the rough stuff and is almost an inch wider than the 3. It is defianately more stable at highg speed than the 3 was but the 3 still is a good offroad truck, I run mine in Mod class and have got some of the T-4 front end parts in my T-3 to make it wider, I also put T-4 parts in my GT front end to make it wider sweet deal on seting that up[

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
losi ? Assoc ? Whatever u got run it !

Everything is competitive, it's all in the set up and driving The T3 will be good and just as good as whatever is out there racing..........alot of it is personnal prefrence and latest and greatest mentality.........go out have fun,try to get the factory manual set up because it is always a good starting point..Good Luck

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
don't listen to this idiot I know him he pits right next to me and can't drive an rc car for his life. the t3 is a great truck, it is indestructible and handles quite well. there is a guy at our track who is always in second place who runs a t3 rtr. [/QUOTE]

ok the guy in second place does drive a t3 but dont een kid urself the xxxt is so much better and plus u cant say i cant race cause lets see how did u do last week

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
a t3 most definately should be, given the correct tooling to be so... if you used the same tires as the other cars, you'd definately be competitive, as long as the truck itself is in good working order and is set up properly... i've seen mfe's finish dead last in C-mains before due to poor setups..

-Tone

·
Registered
686 Posts
Simply put Losi = Externally adjustable diffs and easy building shocks

Associated Great (but a bit harder to do) shocks - Aggressive nature

Outside of that are these trucks that much different...to the average driver...not really. Id say the Losi is a bit easier to drive for a neewB (pushier) but the T3-4 is faster or "dartier". Of course this is completely an opinion from someone that has had both Losi and Associated Trucks.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Herc Driver said:

Outside of that are these trucks that much different...to the average driver...not really. Id say the Losi is a bit easier to drive for a neewB (pushier) but the T3-4 is faster or "dartier". Of course this is completely an opinion from someone that has had both Losi and Associated Trucks.
I completely agree with you considering i just sold my t3 and got a mfe xxx-t i now prefer the mfe over the t3 but i still like some aspects on the t3 more than the xxx-t and vice versus

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Herc Driver said:

How do you get the air out of the shocks when rebuilding? With AE's you can pump the piston up and down, but Losi's are bottom loaders.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
They are all good trucks its personal prefrence,T3,s are cheep to buy now.T4,s are a little more fore-giving to drive. I run a T4. Another thing to think about -parts?- What parts are available at the track and local hobbie shop? Most places stock a huge associated parts inventory while LOSI is usally smaller. Dont get me wrong they are both exellent choices but I chose Associated because of the parts avalibility.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts