Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Nice paint scheme! Looks good, though I wonder if a dark wash might not bring out some of the details (scales) more.

You're right about this being a better sculpt. I think you made a wise choice using the mouth open option. The head with the mouth closed reminds me too much of Barney! (the purple one, not Barney Rubble)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dr. Brad said:
Nice paint scheme! Looks good, though I wonder if a dark wash might not bring out some of the details (scales) more.
Well I had a Nile Monitor and a Savana Monitor before and I wanted to paint it like them with just the normal skin tones. I know the wash would have brought the scales out more but to me would have been less realistic. I did do a test wash and I didn't like the way it came out.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Steven Coffey said:
Well I had a Nile Monitor and a Savana Monitor before and I wanted to paint it like them with just the normal skin tones. I know the wash would have brought the scales out more but to me would have been less realistic. I did do a test wash and I didn't like the way it came out.
Interesting to hear you say that, since my attempts at washes on dinos (then again, maybe it is)

Brad.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think we each have a preference to the way we like things. It may be I just messed up my attempt at a wash. I am really not that knowledgeable of a builder and I am still learning most of the techniques used by everybody. Hey maybe it would be a good thing for someone to do some posts on washes and other techniques.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it Steve, he looks pretty good as is. However, I do think Rocky Sr. needs a li -i -i- ttle more in his food dish once in a while.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Dr. Brad said:
Interesting to hear you say that, since my attempts at washes on dinos (then again, maybe it is)

Brad.
Aaugh. What I meant to say was "since my attempts at washes on dinos didn't turn out as well as I had hoped for (then again, maybe it is me)". I have no idea how I managed such a mangled post! Guess I was more tired than I thought (I've quite a few late nights working). So, what I was trying to say is that I think we're in the same boat re washes on dinos.

Brad.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dr. Brad said:
So, what I was trying to say is that I think we're in the same boat re washes on dinos.

Brad.
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who had trouble.
Lloyd Collins said:
A great looking T-Rex! I like the colors, and doing it by hand brushing, makes it more impessive.
Thanks Lloyd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.