Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit that I was one of the guys that spent a lot of time on motors (had a lathe, Dyno, etc...) now that brushless has releived us of that and I am getting atarted racing again, I have a NEWB question. I have mainly run the t-plate that came with the kit. Is there a thread that discusses the t-plate or is this it? What is the difference in a .063 and a .075 fiberglass t-plates? Metal hard, med., soft? Are t-plates standard, interchangeable between Assoc. and Hyperdrive for example? Thay look like they are interchangeable. Why change them? etc...... some one clue us in. Now that I am running brushless I have time to change things. Thanks RAlf

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
There is two kinds of t plates.. symetrical and offset.. Most if not all the companies have gone to the symetrical t plates. They will interchange with all the cars that use them..symetrical are the ones that look the same no mater which way you mount them... T plates affect the way your car reacts. Mainly with traction.. generlly the stiffer the t plate, the more free the car will be.. thicker t plates react faster.. spring steel t plates also react faster then fiberglass..This is just a general idea, im sure someone will take the time to give you a more detailed description..

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Was also wondering where the fiberglass fits in with the metal plates, is a soft metal plate stiffer than a .075 fiberglass? I am running an offset plate on my Agressor and was wondering if ALL offset plates the same as far as mounting holes etc..? Thanks Ralf

·
HobbyTalk Pro
2,787 Posts
Ralf: No, different cars utilize different offsets, bolt patterns, etc; for their offset t-plates. Run a Custom Works .063" fiberglass, that will work for you 95% of the time. If you want to go a bit stiffer, try their medium spring steel.

If you choose to run your t-plate on center, (the majority of us run them offset in the Aggressor, though) just about any "Associated" style symetrical t-plate will work.

Hope this helps...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running the .063 offsedt plate now, do you run the pod offset all the way also? It appears you cannot run the rear steer with the pod all the way to the left. When wopuld I best try the medium metal t-plate? Rougher tracks? Will be starting at Greenville TN on carpet, then later this season will travel to SC to run at Carolina RC Speedway, outddor asphalt on caps. Thanks Ralf

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Ralf-
I run a KSG Gen 2, but at Greeneville I run the KSG .063 so I am sure that is the same. I also run the car offset T-plate, offset pod. That configuration has just about all the track records there.

Joel White

·
Dialed
3,384 Posts
What Class...I know you said Bruchless, but 5800 or 4300???

Usually in the Brushed classes like stock we run the Pod Centered with the T-Plate offset....
19T, Alot of people run the pod both ways, On Center, and offset....

There are good set-up tips on the CW Website..... :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts