Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using steel plates a lot within the last year and have kind of gotten away from fiberglass. I like the way the T-plates’ performance. The only problem I is I can't seem to get rid of a slight amount of slop. The pod seems to have a little movement back and forth from side to side that I want to get out. I can tell by looking closely that this movement appears to be coming from the pivot balls moving slightly inside the plastic plates. I slightly sanded the plastic plates that hold the t-plate pivot balls in place, which helped a little, but there is still a slight slop I would like to get out. I am using finish line t-plates with, associated plates, and Hyperdrive Teflon pivot balls. All parts are fairly new so I am confident the slop is not there because of worn out parts. Is there a company that makes after market plates that hug the balls with better tolerances that I am missing? Does anyone have any tricks they would like to share to get that slight slop out? As always there seems to be a very fine line between being free and being sloppy. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sc2002gtp said:
Sand the flat plate until you get rid of the slop, if you sand too much adjust it with the tightness on the screws by not completely tightening them and it'll be fine.
That did it just was being to conservative on the sanding for fear I would go to far. No know why those plastic plates are cheap enough lol...

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is there a company that makes after market plates that hug the balls with better tolerances that I am missing?

Hello, Send me a email and i'll get you the right t-plate setup kit.
[email protected] .........Thanks JM

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
The CRC hardware works great I'm just now replacing my first set that I bought at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I ran across this when I replaced the stock pivot balls with teflon coated ones , then thought the pivot cups were worn but that didn't fix it either.
I honestly believe its nothing to do with the t-plate but that the teflon pivots are marketed to be free and are a thousand or two smaller.

Just my opinion, who knows , I still have the play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts