Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which one you guys think is better? I am looking into getting one or the other and would like some input. I have looked at parts pricing and availability and it seems like they both have plenty of upgrades and the pricing is pretty similar. Is there anything else I should consider when I decide? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
197 Posts
if you are looking for a basher truck then the savage is deffinetely the choice. they are great at jumping.
If you are looking for some thing that you wabt to race then I would go with the t-maxx. They are both great trucks with many upgrades. It is really what you wnat though :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would go with the savage x. i have both a savage and a tmaxx and my t maxx is all aluminum and my savage is stock. the only upgrade on the savage is an aluminum spur gear. but anyway the savage is alot stronger and faster so i would definitly go with the savage. good luck with your decision

·
Registered
1 Posts
heafis59 said:
Just wondering which one you guys think is better? I am looking into getting one or the other and would like some input. I have looked at parts pricing and availability and it seems like they both have plenty of upgrades and the pricing is pretty similar. Is there anything else I should consider when I decide? Thanks in advance!
well i had a t max but i love the savage u planing to race or just somthing to run in the back yard

·
Registered
170 Posts
T-maxx isnt a racer anyways
You have obviously never come up against a tweaked out T-Maxx, with an OS .18cvrx in it, on a tight technical track.
We dont even allow the T-Maxx to race against the Savvy or LST @ our local track. They are nimble & accelerate much quicker than the 1/8th trucks. They also have a lower cg than the Savage.

if you are looking for a basher truck then the savage is deffinetely the choice
Cant argue with that.

Both trucks have their pros and cons. Just remember that you are compairing a 1/10th scale 9lb truck to a 1/8th scale 12lb truck. One is a small block & the other a big block.

If you want the best of both worlds, just get an Aftershock.

-Tudogs

·
Registered
151 Posts
though a 1/8 scale rb 28 or a novarossi 28 will whip them. my savvy with the three speed and a rb 728 goes around 55-60 mph and at most can only give it half throttle from start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts