Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I live you hardly see T-jets. We mainly got Tyco, Tomy, Magnatraction and G+ cars. I am slowly learning. Just bought these 2 cars. Looking for to doing some laps!! Those wheels will have to go!!!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
hey, as Tjet-type bodies go, those two are kinda rare/valuable. they're off XLerator cars, which were Aurora's failed early '70's attempt to go slotless. the Willys is a repaint of an older Thunderjet release, but the Baja Blazer was an XLerators-only model. nice score...

--rick

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They cost me US$19 each. No one bid and the seller gave me an offer! So is the Xlerators body mounts different?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
actually, the XL body mounts are the same as Tjets. that's why from the way it looks, you have regular Tjet chassis under them. XLs have different wheels from Tjets.

--rick

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cool find. Yes those are the slotless bodies but they have identical mounting as a regular T-jet. When I run T-jets most of them still have those skinny whels and I install some slip-on silicone tires, I happen to like the "Rocket Science Road Monkey" versions I bought off of eBay. These were made to run on 12 volts so if you are running much higher you might need a controller with really high resistance (like 90 to 120 ohms) or an electroinc controller or a power supply with adjustable voltage.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Very nice starters ! Way to take the plunge getting the Baja is a particularly nice score.

Bear:wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts