Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a solid rivet T-Jet for the Indy body on it, I paid 10 bucks for it at the Midwest show in Nov and finally took it apart to look at the chassis and noticed that the gear plate didnt have a pat number on it just a pat appld for stamping not that I collect them I just race them and this is my 3rd or 4th solid rivet chassis that I have the rest are the standard open style so I went back and looked at all my other cars and none of the gear plates have the pat appld for marking. Any way sorry for the rambling my question is does anyone know how old this particular gear plate is?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I think it is from back in the beginning of pancake motors. After the death of the vibrators. I'm sure other here have way more knowledge of this than I do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't collect either but have read that for racing the pat applied plates had better gears and should not be mixed with others. Use the top plate to make a good racer and run the heck out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I think it is from back in the beginning of pancake motors. After the death of the vibrators. I'm sure other here have way more knowledge of this than I do.
Jerry is correct on these . I do have a few plates without any markings at all which i suspect are even slightly prior to the pat applied plates. The correct chassis for these plates is a solid rivet BTW.

Bear :wave:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed just by tinkering with it for a few seconds that it had the best mesh Ive felt, and when you spin the motor it does not wobble at all thats a first for me.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I noticed just by tinkering with it for a few seconds that it had the best mesh Ive felt, and when you spin the motor it does not wobble at all thats a first for me.
That may be due to how early in the manufacturing process the plates were made. Generally when going for a patent the tooling is a near perfect as it will ever be . Hence the parts made are as good as they will ever be .

Bear:wave:

·
Registered
641 Posts
The best Aurora T-Jet decks are the ones with the squared off top idler gear posts.
On those the idler gear teeth won't contact the deck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts