Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning:
A few years ago on one of the lists a person had the t-jet chassis rivets for sale. A source was never revealed and I wondered if anyone here knows how to obtain these. Quantity is not a problem . If I need to buy 1000 or more I will do that. I fear I may need a wholesale license to deal with the manufacturer. Any Help???? I have a few left but way to many projects to complete with remaining stock.
Thankx
Clyde-0-Mite :tongue:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I recall people saying you could get them wherever they sell dollhouse supplies. Micheal's etc.?
These would be open rivets.
HTH

Keith

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
Hey Clyde, Count me in too! I would be good for a few thou too!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Duh thump me on the noggin!!!!! did a google search found them at jay-cee rivet co. 1-800-521-6777. Don't have a price or minimum quantity. But the have them in many different metals in the right size. I'll call them Monday and find out more. They have a downloadable catalog if you care to wait for it.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Only problem with those are when you stake the "rivets" in place,they peel,like a JL/AW chassis and eventually get very loose.
Christian

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been dabbing a drop of superglue on the ones I install after I squash them. I made a tool from and old leather punch that allows mw to squeeze it together to postion it. Then I add the glue Might be able to stick a bigger punch in the hole and mushroom it even more. Just my mehtods, any other thoughts on installation?
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have been dabbing a drop of superglue on the ones I install after I squash them. I made a tool from and old leather punch that allows mw to squeeze it together to postion it. Then I add the glue Might be able to stick a bigger punch in the hole and mushroom it even more. Just my mehtods, any other thoughts on installation?
Clyde-0-Mite
If I'm going to the trouble of replacing rivets, I'm shure not going to put in open rivets. You may want to try using brass machine screws. These can be adjusted, replaced and, if you want, peened over to be better than the original.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Actually,The "open" rivets are not rivets,rivets are closed end fastening devices,the open "rivet" is really an eyelet.And I have had these for years,and have thousands and thousands of them.

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
OK, so how much for a thousand?

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
Let's see HMMMM ......... TICK - TOC - TICK ........ or is it ??? Check, Check, Check?????

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
What size to order?

Clyde-0-Mite,

Did your order rivets from Jay-cee? What size/style rivet did you order? What is the best drill size for removal?

Tom

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Howdee:
I thought this thread had died a slow painfull death. I called CeeJay and they gave me the cold shoulder when I wanted to order "only 1000" . So I was back to chasing my tail and still am. If anyone comes up with any to sell let me know please.
Clyde-0-mite

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I'll try to chase some down if someone has the specs

Clyde-0-mite,

I'll try to chase some down if someone has the specs on size. I assume copper (or brass) is the best material? I still have to get off my butt to see if I can find springs as well.

Tom

1 - 20 of 35 Posts