Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just a reminder that we'll be @ Camarillo's FREEDOM PARK this Saturday and the plan is to again do the DOUBLE w/ both Oval and On-Road.

The surface was redone right after our last race there, and traction I'm told is awesome.

I don't expect a huge turnout on the asphalt, as I know many guys won't scratch their cars and there is another carpet race this weekend,
and while when creating the schedule back in December, Bryan tried to avoid conflicts, this months date conflict was unavoidable.

Saturday's weather "On the Coast" should be a cool 80 degrees and beautiful http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Camarillo+CA+93010:4:US

Also the ROADRUNNERS "Club" race is the following day, so spend the weekend on the cool coast, and get some On-Road Racing on Sunday. There should be
over 100 entries on Sunday, and don't forget the Kimbrough 400 @ Papa Lou's is only a few weeks away - Aug 31-Sept 2.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt,

No problem - you can Jack the Thread!!

Weather in Bakersfield this weekend for the Carpet Race is supposed to be ONE HUNDRED AND NINE DEGREES! w/ only Swamp Coolers to cool the brick building.

David has pushed his start time up by an hour to beat the heat a little - (It's usually the hottest there about 4 in the afternoon on.)

80 is TOO hot for me - cause where I live on the coast 3 hrs NORTH of LA - it'll only be like 72 - 75 (Our typical mid summer day) of course 80 HERE vs 80 in your part of N.Y. is different - I spent a MONTH in Newfane one weekend during the summer when I was a kid - NO THANK YOU - gimme the Bakersfield HEAT!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts