Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a 250 Gig hard drive and have a slot left in the computer for a slave. Is there a program that will let me put my old hard drive in the slave slot and allow me to transfer everything over from it to the new drive?

The CD that came with the new drive does not have it on there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
McLin said:
I am going to install a 250 Gig hard drive and have a slot left in the computer for a slave. Is there a program that will let me put my old hard drive in the slave slot and allow me to transfer everything over from it to the new drive?

The CD that came with the new drive does not have it on there.
Hi there,

Once you have the new drive in (Master) and the old drive in and set as a slave. You can just copy the files as you need them. Your programs are still going to have to be re-installed. What I do in those situations is this - lets say I had MS Office installed on my old drive. I would create a new folder on the new drive called "MS Office" and then copy all of the old MS Office files into the new folder. When you go to re-install MS Office, make sure you install it into that new folder. Once its installed you should still have all of your old settings. Do this with any of the programs you want to keep. Not sure if this helps you or not. If you have any other questions feel free to send me an email - [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts