Registered
12 Posts
So far I have picked up:
’37 Studebaker (White)
’38 Ford (Red)
’48 Ford F-1 (Mint Green)
’50 GMC (Red)
’53 Ford F-100 (Beige)

In all the stores I have seen them I have yet to see the Mack Jr. truck.

Now there is a 1:64 Shyne Rodz version in Walmart. Lowered, no bumpers, chrome wheels w/low profile tires, different engines, fancy paint and graphics. Last night I picked up the ’50 GMC in Matte Black.

Allan

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
DiecastKrazy said:
Our walgreens called here today and said that these trucks are NOT in our district therefore we wont be getting them .
Probably the same deal here on the MS gulf coast. Oh well, their loss. We can't buy them if we can't get them.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I stopped at 3 or 4 walgreens' in the past few days and only came up with the black '38 ford pickup so far at one store,the rest just have an empty peg. What gives?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Who Knows man .. heck i dont even care a thing about walgreens now that they screwed me out of these trucks. Just comes to show you walgreens doesnt give a durn about the collectors !

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
MoparNut360 said:
I wonder if they're only stocking two at a time like they did when they began carrying JL's?
That has been my findings. Never more than 2 at a time at any store I've been in. And repeats of 2, three different times. I have seen a total of 7, only bought 4. 1 repeated twice and 1 repeated 3 times.

JP2

·
Registered
33 Posts
My local Walgreens had a full peg and I was able to pickup the following:
(2) 50 GMC -Red and Blue
(2) 48 F-1 - Light and Dark Green
(1) 53 F-100 -Light Beige
(1) 37 Studebaker-White

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
About two weeks ago the walgreen's in my town had two of the '53(?) f-100's,and that was it. I really need to get back there and grab one,I'm hoping to get one of each model.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Just stopped at Walgreens here. Picked up the yellow 37 Mack Junior. There was also a 48 and 50 Ford. May pick those up later. Really liked the Mack.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I thought I'd try to hit a few Walgreens today to see if these trucks existed around here. I bought a few, and left a lot on the pegs too. Some duplicates were picked up, to swap for other truck colors in this series that I don't have. If no one has any to trade, I'll just give them away. Interesting detail on 'some' of these, the inside doorhandles and window cranks are painted silver.

Here's two Mack Jrs I found with the opening doors:

and here's three 53 Fords and three 50 GMCs

and two 48 Ford F-1s

and last, I found two 38 Fords and two 37 Studebakers

I'd really like to get the white Studebaker truck in this series, that's beautiful.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
AQUA XK8 said:
I thought I'd try to hit a few Walgreens today to see if these trucks existed around here. I bought a few, and left a lot on the pegs too. Some duplicates were picked up, to swap for other truck colors in this series that I don't have. If no one has any to trade, I'll just give them away. Interesting detail on 'some' of these, the inside doorhandles and window cranks are painted silver.

Here's two Mack Jrs I found with the opening doors:

and here's three 53 Fords and three 50 GMCs

and two 48 Ford F-1s

and last, I found two 38 Fords and two 37 Studebakers

I'd really like to get the white Studebaker truck in this series, that's beautiful.
If you'd be interested in selling any, let me know. I need 7 of the ones that you have pictured.

JP2

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great trucks, but I haven't seen any Yat Ming at Walgreen's in Houston.:( In fact, they aren't very good at keeping many JL's or Jada in stock. Just one more reason I keep saying Houston is a dead zone for die-cast.

Roy in TX.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Well today I hit a few more stores while I was out. First walgreen's was useless,second one netted me a tan '37 mack jr. They also had a '48 F1 but it had a paint defect on the door,so I left it. At the third one I scored the green '53 F100 and the blue '50 GMC. I'm getting closer...

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I picked up the two colors of '53 F-100's today. They are very nicely done and a great addition to my collection. I hope I can find the others and that Yatming/Road Signature keeps making more 1:64 offerings. I love their 1:18 cars but don't have the room for them.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts