Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing a posting of these being found in Canada at Wal-Mart, and getting info of them showing up in California at Walgreens, I went on a hunt today. Hit 4 Walgreens from work to home. Got 1, the '48 F1, at the first and the other 2, '37 Mack Junior and '38 Ford Pick up, at the last Walgreens. Needless to say, I was doing a dance somewhat like the WL dance. These trucks really look great in person.

JP2

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
They look awesome. I hope they show up here.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I saw two other ford pickups at my walgreens on saturday,I think they were 53's? One was white and the other was a jade green color,no price on the peg and I was in a hurry so I left them for now,I'm sure I'll end up with them soon. I'd like to see the others in person as well.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Sounds like a good price for the trucks. Do any have moving parts on them? It looks from the pic that the yellow mack may have opening doors.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
craftymore said:
Sounds like a good price for the trucks. Do any have moving parts on them? It looks from the pic that the yellow mack may have opening doors.
The '38 and '48 Fords have opening hoods. The Mack has opening doors.

JP2

·
Registered
318 Posts
They are really nice...however....around Ottawa (Canada) they are pricing out at about the same as the regular JL's...in the $4/each range. They are really light...but the detail is not too bad....but for the price, I don't know

I got the Yellow '53 Ford Pickup and left the rest..for now.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Bought a '53 Ford today for $2.99 and it looked good. Forget the color (it's out in the car) and I think I'm going to rip it open tomorrow. Seemed a bit "small" scale to me, but we'll see once I get it opened and out.

Hope to find that baby Mack!

·
0 Posts
60sMetal said:
How do they compare to JL, quality-feel wise?
My take is they're fairly close, except the Yat Mings have a plastic base. A cool detail is that the wheels are unique to each casting.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I looked at 2 different Walgreens and came up empty handed except for the Dukes white lightning I found at a Wal-Mart next door!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Wyatt said:
I looked at 2 different Walgreens and came up empty handed except for the Dukes white lightning I found at a Wal-Mart next door!
way to go on the WL do you have a pic?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I finally opened my green '53 Ford Pickup, and while I think the size is a bit too small, the detail is first rate!

Nice wide whitewalls, and simple but nice hubcaps. The door hinges (did this truck even have external/visible hinges?) are painted silver, fer Pete's sake! Very clearly painted wiper blades and gas cap. There is a tiny little cowl vent on the passenger side that isn't on the driver's side (was that there on the original as well?).

All in all, pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts