Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went treasure hunting today, didn't go far, turned up nothing. But while I was at Wally World, I found the Hot Wheels "Fast Fortress" and "Invader". My boy has been wanting the fortress for a while, and I thought invader would be cool for him to.

Ok, I admit, they were destined for my collection first...

Then I checked out the Maisto section:

I really liked it (and still do!) when I first saw it, but out of the package, it looks like they are starting to cut corners. I know Maisto isn't exactly known for their high quality in the first place, but in this case, I think they could have taken a bit more care with the paint. Still, it'll look nice up there with the rest of my transports.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tool boxes are very obviously painted on. Unlike a lot of other cars in my collection, it doesn't look like part of the car. the tampos ("Fire Extinguisher Inside", "First Aid") are crooked. The steps leading up to the cab aren't well painted either, lots of overflow onto the side of the truck. The yellow with flames is pretty cool, cool enough to draw attention away from the bad.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't get an argument from me, Hobie. But than all of the transports I have have those thin tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts