Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all
First time post here.
I got a great deal on a Yerf Dog Gocart for the Kids.
It has a 6.5 Hp Tecumseh, It had sat for a Year with old gas in it.
When I got it home I put some new gas in and the darn thing actually fired up. The Idle would surge from all most a stall to when the Gov would catch it and get her going again.
Well I rebuilt the Carb which has only and Idle Adjustment on it.
I think I cleaned out the Bowl pretty good and the Mainjet bolt on the bottom. Maybe I missed something. The Plastic tube in the carb above the Main jet I pulled and replaced the O rings, New gaskets, I didn't check Float level though.
I Think I might need to replace the Felt washers on the end of the Butterfly Rod. I'm not sure.
It still surges at Idle. But if you give it a little throttle it will rev up and slowly come down. Kinda like a Vacuum leak. I checked the plug and it was Black, So its not lean HAHA.
Any Ideas? am I on the right track?
Can you get any parts to make this thing Fully Adjustable?
There is one screw on the side that looks like a Low speed adjust but when you remove it , it looks more like a Jet than a Needle.
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update
Resetting the float and running some wire through the Main and slow jets seems to have calmed it down alot.
Then I found that the thing didn't have much or enough travel in the Throttle.
After adjusting and Reshaping the end of one of the Gov springs she's back to doing 40 MPH again
Not Bad for 100 Bucks.
Next time I'll search before I post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.