Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know that the birds isn't offering the 17.5 1s truck class this year but I wanted to see who would be interested in racing the class if it was offered. We just might be able to get it in there if there are a lot of interested racers.

I ran it at the oval masters and had a blast. This is my first year going to the snowbirds and I don't want to run anything faster than the COT 13.5 class and I don't have 2s stuff anymore. So hoping maybe there's some other guys out there like me who want to race the 17.5 class.

SHOW SUPPORT FOR THE 17.5 CLASS.

Bill

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
'Birds are close to possible for me in Jan.I would race 17.5 truck for sure!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I know a lot of people would love to see this class at the birds. Maybe take the 21.5 trucks and make them 17.5 trucks instead.

Good job Bill, I hope this happens for you guys!

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know a lot of people would love to see this class at the birds. Maybe take the 21.5 trucks and make them 17.5 trucks instead.

Good job Bill, I hope this happens for you guys!
Thanks Joel, c'mon guys let's get some support here we can make this thing happen.

Bill

·
Registered
343 Posts
I really enjoyed it, the first time I ever run trucks. The class to run if you don't want to deal with the tire wear, loved it. Just could not believe the grip the carpet had!

C.C.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got 6 who are in right now. Let's get some more, we need at least 30 to 40 to make some noise.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
question is how do you determine who can and can't run it? If you have a guy running 13.5 and 10.5, or any other class for that matter, shouldn't that preclude him from the class?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Interesting... I normally run 13.5 and have already been told I shouldn't run the class by a TOUR official....

Guess I better start building a truck!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
LOL...

I actually built one for my brother and raced it a few times myself. I love the class. The trucks are so easy to drive... I would almost rather stick with that class. I pushed to get it going up here and have 3 with 5 or 6 more lurking in the shadows getting ready to come out. Problem is a couple of the guys who have them won't run them if I race the class... for some reason they call me a "pro"... lol Obviously they haven't seen me drive too much!

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
in omaha nebraska we are running the class. does anyone know the roll out for the class?
Dude, all depends on the size of the track. I was running in the 4.40's at the oval masters. But I going to be experimenting with different gearing at my home track which is a little bigger than Greeneville. Greenville's run line is 170'. Maybe that will help.

Get all of the guys that want to run the 17.5 at the birds to post support to this thread and maybe we can get the class in the birds.

Bill

1 - 20 of 93 Posts