Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with a well played with supervan I then scrapped the original base and glass with glass and base from a fire truck. I usually don’t like yellow glass but I think it is perfect with this color and van. I added 3mm Pats caps to the wheels. The body was stripped filed, sanded, steelwooled. Primed and painted by airbrush from decanted Krylon pumpkin orange. I still need alot of practice with the brush; kind of wavey on pass side I added a rear hanging spare. The side bubble glasses are two 5mm Pats caps painted gloss black. I was going for a 70s style van LMKWYT.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That's a good looking van, looks great sitting in line w/ the reat of them. I like displaying groups like that.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I started with a well played with supervan I then scrapped the original base and glass with glass and base from a fire truck. I usually don’t like yellow glass but I think it is perfect with this color and van. I added 3mm Pats caps to the wheels. The body was stripped filed, sanded, steelwooled. Primed and painted by airbrush from decanted Krylon pumpkin orange. I still need alot of practice with the brush; kind of wavey on pass side I added a rear hanging spare. The side bubble glasses are two 5mm Pats caps painted gloss black. I was going for a 70s style van LMKWYT.

Where yat James,

Fine job, Mighty Fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're absolutely right,
Sometimes those Yellow or even Red windows go just fine with what you're trying to do.

Paintjob looks great from the pics.
Like you said, just takes practice.
Proper thinning, (sometimes even Aerosol paints, especially opaque enamels, need thinning for an AirBrush), and even the use of other brands besides Krylon may help you get better results, but this looks just fine.

You've applied those Custom Cut Chrome Center Caps so well they look like the rims were made that way.

Great use for the 5mm Moon style windows. Very 70's.

The 3mm Center Caps can also be used for taillights (if painted, best with transparent paints) and headlights.

Did you put a waterbed in it??????????????????

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Very nice job! It looks good in the orange and using the center caps as rear windows really does give it the right look. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Far out, Super cool and groovey, Right on man!

Can't think of anymore 70's phrases right now, but you get the idea. It really does look sharp, nice work and great idea on using Pats caps for the rear windows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts