Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
A gentleman out of Colorado had built some several years back based on Associated pan car parts. They were super cool and a blast to drive. Still have mine in a box somewhere and would dig it out if there were interest up here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A gentleman out of Colorado had built some several years back based on Associated pan car parts. They were super cool and a blast to drive. Still have mine in a box somewhere and would dig it out if there were interest up here.
You have my interest..... :)

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I think the CO guy was Brent (or Brett) Redlin - had some cool pan cars - forget what they were called "The Daddy" or something similar, I think his company was called ProParts.

His mod was awesome looking (if you are in to those)

I believe this was his...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, hell, someone get in touch with them guys in my original post....let's get some mass-produced and run 'em at the 'Birds to get the class goin'...

@Matt: Yeah, I knew a while back that someone was looking at making these.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
New Supermodified

Thanks for remembering that Super I did on an SK Chassis. Here's another that Mike Valentine and I have been working on (on & off for about 2 years now...)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Super Mods

We are just toying with the idea of the super mods. I do have some concept drawings and a few in cad though. I do have one version w/ a .12 layed over on the left side of the car too w/ a link type suspension.

Brian
Unknown Engineering

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Thanks for remembering that Super I did on an SK Chassis. Here's another that Mike Valentine and I have been working on (on & off for about 2 years now...)
Bet those would be awesome at King! need to figure out how to make it gain tweak when the wing goes up:thumbsup: I think Super Mods are the most awesome race cars on the planet!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think the CO guy was Brent (or Brett) Redlin - had some cool pan cars - forget what they were called "The Daddy" or something similar, I think his company was called ProParts.

Brent redlin did awesome with that :thumbsup: I'd be in

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
:thumbsup: Great to see things come around 'ey Dale !!?? ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
The designs that we have are not pancars w/ offset bodies. We are looking at doing full suspension- straight axle type drive line and straight front axle w/ canti lever type shock mounting. any thoughts-input?

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
The designs that we have are not pancars w/ offset bodies. We are looking at doing full suspension- straight axle type drive line and straight front axle w/ canti lever type shock mounting. any thoughts-input?
Thoughts? Your ideas are awesome, but try to keep the costs down. The car needs to be able to take a hit, needs to be fairly light. Would the motor be "in-line", or pod mounted like a pan car?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Pancar rear pod would probably be easiest option, canti front shocks are cool. Could probably make that pretty ex but would it hold up well. Otherwise sounds cool.

·
Registered
525 Posts
We are just toying with the idea of the super mods. I do have some concept drawings and a few in cad though. I do have one version w/ a .12 layed over on the left side of the car too w/ a link type suspension.

Brian
Unknown Engineering
Love nitro, have to see this!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
We do our own CNC routing of carbon fiber and CNC machine work of other materials, so we are able to control quality and cost.

·
Registered
64 Posts

That would be correct sir, one Mr. Brent Redlin built the Associated version and a guy by the name of Terry Plummer built one based on a Hyperdrive. The last I herd was that Mr. Redlin was running a company of his own called Up Front Design and he is or was doing some design work for Team Losi. I believe he had a hand in designing Losi's Comp Crawler and the Mini Sprint.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Supermodifieds

Would love to get ahold of those bodies for sure.
Mine is just about done. Got an associated based chassis bulit for Indy car bodies. #3 shocks ,ksg rear end. made ahome made body with Losi sprint car cage cut down. need to figure wing style ISMA or west coast.

Dale car looks awesome!!!!

Cheeers Dan

·
Registered
182 Posts
Super Modifieds

We are in the design process for a new Super Modified body for our new cars. will post pics as soon as they are ready.

Unknown Engineering

1 - 20 of 63 Posts