Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The only part of the new costume that bothers me is that the inside of the S is just a yellow outline, when it should be solid yellow inside those spaces. Otherwise it looks all right. I just wonder why so many superhero costumes are made out of odd-looking material. I guess it's because they want to have it look like either high-tech material or else non-Earth, alien cloth.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeah, I hate that type of material that they now use for superhero costumes. It looks like a pattern of rectangle boxes. This started with Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies and ever since then it's in every superhero movie. I prefer smooth material that they used to use. The Helen Slater Supergirl costume is much better (and she is much better looking the new actress to boot)!

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I just don't understand why it seems that here lately, all the super hero costume have taken on a darker tone. And every time they make a new show they want to change the basic design, like they are reinventing the wheel.

What's wrong with sticking to the classic look ??? Haven't they ever heard the old saying, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" ???

Costume aside. IMO, this actress just doesn't have the Super girl look. She might turn out to be a fine actress. But again, IMO, you have to have the look to pull off the role of Super man or Super girl. And she just doesn't have it.

I never liked Laura Vandervoort as Super girl either. She was a bit overly sexy for the role, IMO. I much more preferred the Helen Slater Super girl. She was pretty, but still had that "girl next door" look to her.

I will probably check out an episode of this show for curiosity sake. But I really doubt it will be one I watch often.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
In this particular case, it is a little hard to pin down one costume that you can call the character's "classic look." She has had more different costumes than most other major characters. I don't think this one is particularly dark, to be honest; it certainly doesn't appear as dark as Superman's costume in Man of Steel. And the photo that has been released shows her in fairly subdued light.

Qapla'

SSB

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
In this particular case, it is a little hard to pin down one costume that you can call the character's "classic look." She has had more different costumes than most other major characters. I don't think this one is particularly dark, to be honest; it certainly doesn't appear as dark as Superman's costume in Man of Steel. And the photo that has been released shows her in fairly subdued light.

Qapla'

SSB
I guess from my point of view, the "classic look" would more the Helen Slater version. It looked fine to me. And I don't see the changes as being an improvement. But of course, that's just a matter of opinion.

·
Starship Class
11,728 Posts
I think Supergirl should wear pants. The skirt is way too immodest for flying.

"Look up in the air! It's a bird, it's a plane! no, it's :eek: !

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

The animated version took it to the extreme:

Apparently, the movie originally considered this costume:

Which, believe it or not, was apparently faithful to the current comic book costume.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts

Perfesser is right on the nail on this one! Great Caesar's Ghost! Why would SuperGirl wear a dress!

The little yoga shorts like the cartoon above seem like the best look with a red thigh high boot and midriff top for best effect!

I don't care much for this person pictured or her uniform but I liked the girl who played SuperGirl on Smallville
Laura Vandervort
is so Smoking hot in the white button down mens shirt, tearing it open to reveal the classic "S" design on a midriff Supergirl top.
Look it up! Theres not a better Supergirl anywhere!
I totally believed her in the role as Kara Kent / Supergirl on Smallville the way I believed Linda Carter was Wonder Woman.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
No bright colours & no interest from me.
DC is standing for Directly Crummy these days.
I gave up on raspy Batman & didn't even bother with Man Of Steel. The only reason I'll see B vs. S is for Affleck's Batman....

DC would have made Hulk grey.

·
Starship Class
11,728 Posts
Is that super panty hose she's wearing? I can't imagine her getting into that outfit "super-fast" doing her hair and nails while she's at it.

Anyway, the popperazzi would have a field day with her if she went flying around in that skirt. There are good and bad points about it, I'll admit, but I think the sexiest outfit would be something form fitting.

·
Registered
290 Posts
By the time the series debuts the S Shield as she shows it will be what Superman is sporting too. DC is starting their big even for the year, the swap over from the "New 52" to the post Convergence (Convergence being the event starting now) DC Universe. DC released pictures today of Superman's new costume. It's top is basically a dark blue T-Shirt with the S Shield with the yellow background bring replaced by the shirts color (as near as this color blind buy can tell.) So this is the 4th or 5th costume change for Supes since the late 80's early 90's. By far the worst was his "Ready Kilowatt" look (Last Son of Krypton) which thankfully didn't last long.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,195 Posts
I've looked up other pictures of this actress, and decided this is just a really bad picture of her.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
The skirt does not bother me that much- if she is flying the only thing that could see up it would be a chase plane and if she is landing you would have to be standing where she is coming down which means that would be the last thing you see.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts