Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for an auction on e_Bay.

Item # 330103463130

Looks very cool, love the Ford GT in Gulf colors. Anyone know anything about this one?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
That is awesome!! ANother GT I need for my collection!!! Only I'll be waiting until I can find it for less than that!!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
G_G said:
Up for an auction on e_Bay.

Item # 330103463130

Looks very cool, love the Ford GT in Gulf colors. Anyone know anything about this one?
VERY COOL indeed ! ! ! I can't wait to see if it is actually produced :thumbsup: Thanks for the link.

Scott

·
Registered
232 Posts
My understanding is this never went to production and is very rare. Too bad. Great pieces. Just think if you'd win that auction you'd also have to fork over 22% for a buyers premium!

Tom

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After almost two years (as an aside, it's amazing that I've been a HT member for that long - the time just flew by!), this set made a reappearance on E-Bay. This time I did not let it pass me by. It arrived yesterday. Here are some quick close-up shots:

#98 Ken Miles USRRC livery Cobra:

1966 LeMans winning livery (also driven by Ken Miles):

Back of the card:

Sorry, the photos are not the greatest. I will take some better photos eventally.
According to seller, there are 6 of these in existence.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw just hit the ground! I did not see this thread the first time it came around, so I am stunned! I am thrilled you were able to grab this set G, what a great score!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
After almost two years (as an aside, it's amazing that I've been a HT member for that long - the time just flew by!), this set made a reappearance on E-Bay. This time I did not let it pass me by. It arrived yesterday. Here are some quick close-up shots:

#98 Ken Miles USRRC livery Cobra:

1966 LeMans winning livery (also driven by Ken Miles):

Back of the card:

Sorry, the photos are not the greatest. I will take some better photos eventally.
According to seller, there are 6 of these in existence.
correction, that car came in 2nd place at LeMans, not First.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
correction, that car came in 2nd place at LeMans, not First.
Depends how you look at it. Miles was winning the race before he held up for McLaren to stage the famous "3 GT40's" photo. In spirit, the #1 car is the winner, even if #2 was the formal winner.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Shelby recently said he wished Ken had been first, as it was what he ment to see. Stating that Ken had deserved it. But in racing only the first car gets the W!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts