Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of Matchbox's Superfast models. It was number 54 in the 1-75 series and was released in 1971. This model has been in my collection since that date. Features opening bonnet revealing a neat engine.

It was a good performer on the track.

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
995 Posts
My very first 1:1 car was a '71 Capri...I loved that little thing, even tho I was only 13!
Somewhere I have that casting, but I can't find it tonight :(

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Those extra wide tyres helped the car fit the track width perfectly, and aside from a short run in purple c1975 with narrow wheels, this casting always had these same wide tyres. The black hood indicating the GT model and that funky almost fluro pink paint sure does make this toy iconic of the early 1970s.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
It allways stood out on the pegs back then, seemed to be a popular one and this version seemed to be around for a few years.
Some reason I was never attracted to it, though I am looking forward to the purple thin wheels one from Mick/SMS88. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your comments gents. This was one of the in colours for the early '70's! :cool:

A mate of mine back in the day had a 3 litre version and the acceleration on that one was awesome! ;)

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

For those collectors who like the Capri so much that one toy isnt enough, there is variety in the Lesney SF 54b out there to search for and find for pennies........
This issue is very prone to fading from sun or artificial lights, like the car top left so the standard pink can vary a lot.As well as the pink, the more orange shade used on the no 8 Wildcat Mustang was also used c1972 and all the final c1980 two pack issues came in a dull orange

1 - 10 of 10 Posts