Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the back of the new superfast cars it says join the superfast collector club at www.matchbox.com but i went there and the site has nothing on it infact it looks as if they havent updated it since 2001 its pathetic they still have a pics of cars that came out in 2001-2002 on the collectors section like the coke vw bus so i was just wondering how many years will it be before the superfast club is on the site

anyone know say a good site with any superfast info about the club that i could go to the only helpful site by mattel seems to be the hotwheels site they update that daily but the matchbox was way behind

·
Registered
763 Posts
The website has not been updated since the 2003 line-up was added, as they were going to update with 2004 information, but then were told they were losing their jobs. Matchbox closed down their offices in New Jersey and moved across USA to join the rest of Mattel in California in July, after being given 6 months notice. As they were all losing jobs (I think only one of them has moved across country), the updating of the website was sadly ignored. The new team arrived at the new Matchbox HQ in AUgust and are setting about creating a proper (possibly) interactive website for the brand. It will have lots of games for the children, but also a proper section for the collectors in the Superfast section.

However, with so much happening at the same time, it is not the highest priority at the moment. Hopefully it will be online in time for the start of 2005.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ooh! No! Mattel have big plans for the Matchbox brand, as the old team in New Jersey had a certain idea, which was not good, not collector friendly, and not popular. The new team, based in California, are basing Matchbox of the future in realism. Next year we are going to see more realistic castings, more realistic designs on the models, more of what the collectors want. They have seen where the mistakes were being made and going to change them all. Ultra Heros will not continue as they were a disaster for 2004, and they are looking to the past to see what was always popular (like the new Superfast series of 75) and bring them back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts