Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was there at the opening of the doors this morning... But the diecast isle musta had every collector within 100 miles in it... The first dude there took all the JL's off the pegs and put them in a bag... really a Paper bag... and took them out one at a time and placed them back on the pegs... Keeping the whites and placing the others back on the pegs...

I did however, score a BWF VW Bus... Now I have found all the BWF on the pegs to date. {At least One each}

·
Registered
886 Posts
Kenny Kaos said:
... The first dude there took all the JL's off the pegs and put them in a bag... really a Paper bag... and took them out one at a time and placed them back on the pegs... Keeping the whites and placing the others back on the pegs
I would have attempted to call the toy dept. manager to that aisle ASAP. Would have been funny to watch them make the guy buy all of them. :lol:

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
so how many whites did he get anyways?,,,,and any idea of what ones?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have only been to one grand opening at Wal-Mart and never going again. There was about 4 to 5 guys who ran to the die cast isle with shoping carts and one guy put all the JL's in the shoping cart the other guys were grabing hand fulls of HW's and putting them in the carts and then walking off into another isle going threw what the grabed and then just leaving the shoping carts full of the cars they grabed. I just turned around and left.

·
Registered
808 Posts
LMAO!!!!
Thats a new one....I don't think that would've worked around me,he would've looked funny running for the door with a flaming paper bag.
Did he sprint to the pegs too?
Sometimes I think assault and battery should be legal.

·
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dammitman said:
so how many whites did he get anyways?,,,,and any idea of what ones?
I know he got a couple, but not sure how many or which ones.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
i have a super wallys opening in just a couple weeks right on my way to work,,,,,,i guess i need to get a really big brown paper bag to take in with me,,,,,,:lol:,,,,,,,

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Did he bring the bag into the store with him??? He must have, to have made to the diecast aisle that fast .... and how did he manage to grab all of the JL's into that bag so quickly with other collectors right there? Hope that in the rush that at least the cards got bent or creased!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
hey i went to that walmart today too. didnt get there till about 5pm though.thought maybe since it was a grand opening they would have newer stuff but it looked like mostly coke stuff.didnt get to see the guy with the paper bag but there were quite a few people in the diecast aisle.probably wont waist my time going back for awhile.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have been to a couple grand openings and will never go back. People are pilled up at the door then run. Both of the ones I went to had nothing new or good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kenny Kaos said:
I was there at the opening of the doors this morning... But the diecast isle musta had every collector within 100 miles in it...
Hey, I'm only a mile and a half down Madison Pike and I didn't bother :)
This opening was broadcast every which way you looked. It was on the front page of two editions of the KY Post. There were probably people from Cynthiana and beyond even there (definitely the good ole Richwood folk, I'm sure).
I did stop in around noon and the place was a mess. As D-68 said, mainly boring Coke stuff.
As for the dillweed who did the paper bag bit, he deserved to be hit with a cart. Hard.

Matt

1 - 20 of 31 Posts