Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the story. Last weekend I was at a fair selling diecast and a guy came up asking about my Evo Mystery Chase that was for sale. At the time he didn't have any moola, so he got my number and called me the next day asking if I still had it. Then he asked if I wanted to do a trade for some diecast. As much as I needed the money, I told him I would come by and see what he was willing to trade. So I get to his place and he starts pulling big boxes out, one after another. After taking a quick look at 5 large boxes plus other stuff, he asks, "So we got a trade?"
Well, of course I loaded up my car and went home and starting pulling out, Jadas, Johnny Lightnings, T-Hunts, Maisto Pro Rodz, Fooses, WCCs, MB's, 1/18 OCC Bikes, 1/24 Jadas, 1/24 Fooses, 1/18 MM's, 1/18 Ertls, a 1/24 Franklin Mint Big Foot and tons of Mainline HW's. I couldn't believe my eyes. Dude just wanted to get this stuff of his place. I figured out that at retail, this stuff totaled way over $1200. Soooo a SUPER SCORE? I would say so in my eyes. Made my week. Had to share. Later.:wave:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Congrats on the score ! I've been looking for that BIGFOOT 4X4 1:24 for some time now. If you ever consider getting rid of it, please let me know. Thanks.

Scott

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
uh, yea... +1 on the car, what the heck is a "Evo Mystery Chase"?

...sounds, awefully fishy...hope u don't get caught in anything illegal...like the stuff is stolen or anything...

...seems like if the guy sees you at a fair or whatever selling cars, he would get the idea to sell all the stuff, even as a lot, for alot more than whatever a "Evo mystery chase" is... even if it's 50 or 100 bucks...:confused:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the score ! I've been looking for that BIGFOOT 4X4 1:24 for some time now. If you ever consider getting rid of it, please let me know. Thanks.

Scott

Hey drop me a line, you never know.

As for the evo, it was from series 6.

ANd this trade was legit, dude has cut back on collecting and only collects certain things and needed the room.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
ah ok... I with ya now.... not for how u explained it, but I did a search on evil-bay....
There is 1 on there right now, with a buy it now of $90.00

This is that weird drag bus thing

I had prided myself on trying to collect every Mitsu Lamcer Evo diecast out there, at least the modern ones like Jada and JL.... I have every WL version of a Lancer Evo that JL put out... that's why it was throwing me.

So I say sounds like a legit trade... can understand a guy wanting to get rid of stuff... I take back what I said about illegal activities

By the way, I asked numerous times on different boards, even boards not from this country....

Anyone know why this stupid bus has "evo" in the name? (maybe u can tell I'm not a fan of it... nor the HW Drag bus for that matter...:drunk: )

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey no problem and the name Evo is short form for Evolution. Hope that helps. Not everyone is a fan of the Evo Bus, but you have to remember that it started out as a custom and was turned into a mass production piece. Dave Chang is the reason customizing diecast is what it is today. Do a search on the Ferrarinugen or the nitro bomb and you'll see some his old customs that inpsired the Evo.

Oh and wlpaul, sorry dude, no WL's in this lot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Holy smokes! Yes, I can understand how a collector could be driven to conduct a "ruthless purge" of this sort. At this point, I'm up to my nostrils in surplus diecast. I'm inclined to start shoveling the blasted things into the closest dumpster. It's astounding how quickly they accumulate. Probably because of my close proximity to FOUR indoor flea markets, a Toys-R-Us, two K-Marts and at least five Wal-Marts. Cripes! I've tried to give 'em to kids, but they tend to reject the antiquated 50s and 60s style cars I collect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts