Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added this to my collection and thought you guys might like to see it.In my 40 years of collecting i have never seen or even heard of this kit! I do know about the marx Dr.Krazy and thought that was the only one in the series.Although the box is not in the best of shape the kit is complete with about 65 parts, also a large kit.The instructions are a simple sheet of text.Makes me wonder what else is out there.

BRIAN

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Wow! Very interesting. From the amount of flash present it could have been a case of molding issues, resulting in a release in very small numbers hence never seeing this one around. I've certainly never seen it! Great find!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Where did you find this?...anyone know the History of this kit?
A very cool find indeed,...Classic Plastic mentions the Marx Krazy Kit Dr. Krazy, the Nutty Mad Organ Player by Marx...but no mention of the Mad Golfer...is there a 1964 date on it?
I don't recall ever seeing this kit before ...
Good score:thumbsup:
denis

·
Registered
646 Posts
Awesome find congratulations, but with this new world I doubt very much thanks to this political correctness disease which is ruining America we'll never see the likes of this kit or any other kits that have American Indians and cowboys which portrays America's past in models. Karl

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Great find, thanks for showing, like you say, it makes you wonder what else may be out there - are you going to build it, bearing in mind that it might be the only known example!?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one is staying in the box,i got plenty of new kits to build.

No date anywhere
No kit number
Only address is Louis Marx & co. Swansea and a small made in great britain in the Marx Toys logo

BRIAN

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent score Brian!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I haven't heard of it either. It's great that it's in the hands of someone who'll take good care of it.
Very cool....

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Awesome find congratulations, but with this new world I doubt very much thanks to this political correctness disease which is ruining America we'll never see the likes of this kit or any other kits that have American Indians and cowboys which portrays America's past in models. Karl
Yeah, could you imagine the field day the press would have with the fact this kit portrays a "******" pulling a Rickshaw...

Hey Brian would it be possible to take a closer, clearer shot of the instructions ??
Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Marx also put out some tin toys in the 'Nutty Mad' series...
...some that would probably never be reissued...

I can't find a thing on this kit of yours...but if you ever decide to dump it on the market :rolleyes:....
give me a call...
Denis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts