Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Diecast Encyclopedia notes Sunnyside LTD was founded in Hong Kong by F L Suen. They first began manufacturing diecast in 1979. During the mid 1990s, they produced a series of 3.5 inch long Ford and Chevy pick up trucks for Megatoys distributed as "Mega Movers". These fit into the only "Made in China" base designations as a loose casting, but the production packaging carries the designation made by Sunnyside Ltd.

Sourced references -

Encyclopedia of Small-Scale Diecast Motor Vehicle Manufacturers - Sahakangas, Foster & Weber (2006)
https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/subjects/sunnyside
Diecast Car - Lincoln - Sunshine Special - black - 1939

·
Administrator
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After reviewing the Summer production history and casting lists. I believed that I had 3 (Summer) Sunshine castings in my collection. They are all marked as 1:32 scale castings They are of course all Corvettes.

@Motorcade pointed out that these are actually Superior products made under the brand name Sunnyside and not a Summer brand casting.

SS 5730 - 1969 Corvette Roadster 1:32 (red) (white)
SS 5750 - 1962 Corvette Roadster 1:32

In the Diecast Encyclopedia entries, Superior only carries a re-direct to Comet Metal Products.

Sourced references -

Encyclopedia of Small-Scale Diecast Motor Vehicle Manufacturers - Sahakangas, Foster & Weber (2006)
https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/subjects/sunnyside
Diecast Car - Lincoln - Sunshine Special - black - 1939

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
After reviewing the Summer production history and casting lists. I believe that I have 3 Summer Sunshine castings in my collection. These are all marked as 1:32 scale castings They are of course all Corvettes.

SS 5730 - 1969 Corvette Roadster 1:32 (red) (white)
SS 5750 - 1962 Corvette Roadster 1:32
SS numbers are used by a company called Superior/SunnySide ..Nothing to do with Summer. :wink2:
https://www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/20850/sunnyside.html

I know there's a lot of brightness around, with Summer, Suntoys & Sunnyside.!

·
Administrator
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
[in my best Bob Crane as 'Hogan' voice]Foiled by the SS again![/bob crane as hogan voice]

I was going to move the related posts to a new thread, but I wasnt able to find a current association between these castings and the names you posted.as Superior/SunnySide.

It is still most likely they are a new Superior brand name and/or SunnySide series association - that needs more WWW vetting to reflect current information resources.

But, I did create a new thread and I have updated the OP to reflect the Lucky Toys/Sunshine reference - ss were my current search efforts have landed me.

I was able though to create 4 new resource thread/links as Comet Metal Corperation, Quality Castings, Superior and Sunnyside as older diecast companies references that I have given you credit for initiating the additions.

Need a nap for now though! And thank goodness the video link was unavailable. I am sure Len is neither Country or Western. :cheers2:

·
Administrator
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I reversed Sunnyside to be in front of Superior and found some better matches and one of the castings I have on hand. Are you okay with reversing the listing to be Suunyside Superior instead? :lurk05: I couldnt ever get any of the related HK links to load on my browser for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts