Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 917 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summit Raceway in Fort Wayne, IN is now open. This new carpet track has an 80' x 36' layout for road course racing, that also transforms into an oval track.
The next road course race will be a New Year's day road race with gift certificate payouts for the top finishers. Doors open at 10:00 AM, with racing at 1:00.
Summit Raceway is located in the Gateway Plaza Shopping Center, on Goshen Rd. Take I-69 to exit 109, straight thru 3 lights, turn right at the 4th.
For more info, check the web at Summit Raceway or at the SARC club website at SARC Club Website

Club road racing every Tuesday night, and road course racing every other Sunday afternoon. Check the race calendars on either website for dates and times. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have a question about the pit tables. If a lot of people buy tables then there is really not going to be a lot of pit space as each table is big enough for 2 people to pit at. Should people still bring there own table just to make sure they have will get a spot??

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I understand your question... if a lot of people buy tables, then there will be more tables... more pit space. Maybe the method is confusing. The tables they are selling, have already been purchased and are on-site. When money comes in for those tables, they take it and purchase more tables for the track.
You can always bring your own table just to be sure, but definately bring your own chair for now.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make your plans for New Years Day to come out and race road course at the new Summit Raceway. Touring cars, 1/12 scale, F1/Indy cars and stadium trucks. Gift Certificates awarded for the top finishers in each class. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget the New Year's Day road race at Summit Raceway. Doors open at 10:00 AM, racing starts at 1:00 PM. $12 entry fee, gift certificates for the top finishers in each class.

Touring car - Stock, 19 turn, modified, novice
1/12 scale - Stock
Stadium truck - Stock
F1/Indy car - Stock, novice

Jump on I-69 in Indiana or Michigan and drive to exit 109A in Ft. Wayne. Right at the 4th light into Gateway Plaza, and you're there!!
Race your way into the new year at Summit Raceway!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
When is that big oval race in Feb gonna be? Alot of guys from Cromwell are gonna be coming up. If ya got a flyer i can post one at my track.....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunday, February 9th. There are some flyers at the local hobby shops in Ft. Wayne. I'll see if I can get one scanned and get it up on the website. Info on the race is up on the website now. Just click on the 'WWW' icon at the bottom of my post.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is an option in the Autoscore program on the computer that allows you to run a race without entering any names. If all the equipment is on, you could start that up and run your practice with a transponder. You should then be able to view or print out the lap times. If we are both at the track at the same time some day, I can show you how, or check with Dale or Phil.

·
Registered
229 Posts
BenPuterbaugh said:
Anybody object to running gas sedans as an oval class? All we need is 3 racers...
Are you joking? If not you need to go to the doctor you must have fallen on the ice and bumped your head. Gas on carpet :lol: Our track is slippery enough without oil on it :wave: I must admit it does sound fun:thumbsup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Where were you Ben? You would have had a good chance at winning in 19turn. They were out of control, I had to marshel them:cry: it was scary.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I knew 'oil make track slippery' would be the first response. A well tuned engine doen't puke oil and fuel all over the place. Most of it ends up stuck to the body and I don't know that it wouldn't help our carpet. You certainly couldn't let a puking HPI single needle carb on the track. I could give it a try this Saturday at oval practice. A couple laps wouldn't do anything to our carpet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Brad Mergy said:
Where were you Ben? You would have had a good chance at winning in 19turn. They were out of control, I had to marshel them:cry: it was scary.
I don't know. I guess it kind of rubs me the wrong way that CRL won't come down here for a race. I decided to stay here and give my money to the home track. I can race sunday and tuesday for 1 CRL race.

·
Registered
229 Posts
BenPuterbaugh said:
I knew 'oil make track slippery' would be the first response. A well tuned engine doen't puke oil and fuel all over the place. Most of it ends up stuck to the body and I don't know that it wouldn't help our carpet. You certainly couldn't let a puking HPI single needle carb on the track. I could give it a try this Saturday at oval practice. A couple laps wouldn't do anything to our carpet.
Ben, it's not so much you it's the other people that arn't very good with gas. Here in Fort Wayne that would be most people (including ME) But if someone wants to let me try their gas car I will be more than happy to try it HINT HINT:devil:

·
Registered
229 Posts
BenPuterbaugh said:
I don't know. I guess it kind of rubs me the wrong way that CRL won't come down here for a race. I decided to stay here and give my money to the home track. I can race sunday and tuesday for 1 CRL race.
Ya, that was a bummer. Hopefully we can get one next winter. Maybe by then we will be able to support personal transponders.

1 - 20 of 917 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.