Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1390 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit Raceway in Fort Wayne, IN is now open. This new carpet track has an 80' x 36' layout that gives an oval track with 12 foot lanes, and 160 foot drive line.
Oval racing this Friday, December 27th. and Sunday December 29th.
Summit Raceway is located in the Gateway Plaza Shopping Center, on Goshen Rd. Take I-69 to exit 109, straight thru 3 lights, turn right at the 4th.
For more info, check the web at Summit Raceway
Oval racing every Friday night, and every other Sunday afternoon. Check the race calendars on the website for dates and times. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oval racing in Ft. Wayne both this Friday the 27th and Sunday the 29th. Come Saturday for the real auto racing indoors at the Coliseum, and stay for the R/C racing on Sunday. Last year, Tony Stewart showed up unannounced and ran midgets indoors at the Coliseum. Won his feature, if I recall.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The classes right now are:
6-cell stock pan car
4-cell 19 turn pan car
6-cell open
Stock Touring cars
Gear Box sprint cars
Bolink All Star sprint cars
1/12 4-cell modified
Stock Trucks

But since the track is new to the oval racing scene, they are open for suggestions, and want to run what the people want. They will run a class if at least 3 people show up that want to run it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's tough to say... this will be the first Sunday Oval race since the track opened, so there is no history to go by. We're breaking new ground!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Six cell stock pan cars and stock touring cars are the 2 most popular classes so far. Racing on Fridays starts at 7:00 PM, and on Sundays at 1:00 PM, with doors open at 10:00 AM. You can check the results from the past few weeks on the website, and get an idea of what is running. We have a website for Summit Raceway now, as well as SARC. Use the same URL (www.fwsarc.8m.com) and choose either from there. I don't know about the interest in 4-cell... if people want to run it but just haven't yet, or if there is not much interest, or what.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
GREAT RACE

Great race friday night in the A main touring car race on the oval. Only 1/2 second seperated the cars finishing first through third! I kept thinking Jason Sloniker was going to blow the race since he was a new racer and under so much pressure from Rob Dorseif and Phillip Zimmerman the entire race instead he showed everybody what a great competitor he is and is going to be tough to beat in the future. Overall, the new guys I've seen race have been very impressive and I can see there is going to be a lot more of this kind of racing at Summit Raceway in the future. Congratulations on the win Jason and thanks to the others for making that such a great race to watch. We'll be talking about that one for some time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ilive in marion Indiana and I wanted some information on your calender you have practace on Thursday is that opened to anyone? also I would like to know the cost for racing in multi classes?

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
STABGNID

Practice is open to anyone and is encouraged. Thursday 6-9 and saturday 12-6. Saturday practice is alternate road coarse-oval determined by what we race that sunday. Race fees are $12.00 for car one and $8.00 for additional cars. Please check out our website at www.fwsarc.8m.com and e-mail us if you have any other questions. Also our phone number is 1-260-471-2722. We have a novice class for the new drivers if you are interested. Hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
905 Posts
OVAL CLASSIC

Whats the rules for the gearbox and 6 cell nascar classes?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
smokey

Yes it is. Febuary 7,8,9. Lots of early entries and a lot of excitment for this race since this will be our first big oval race. There will be plenty of trophies and good times to be had. See you there!

E

·
0 Posts
what to buy

Hello , need help ! I have never owned a electric car and sold all my nitro stuff about a year ago . So I would like to know is should i start off with a rtr Tc3 and go from there? I want to run both types of tracks. I have 450 I can spend to get started and I need everything from car to field equipment so help me out with brands & part numbers to get me started in the right direction,will be racing in FW mostly, Thankyou Ed

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
smokey

Yes, bring a table if you possibly can. Any other questions concerning the Circle Track Classic race please contact Zach Loch at 1-260-489-1890 or 1-260-471-2722.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Xpressman,
It is a one day race with 3 qualifiers and the mains on Sunday. Saturday is practice from noon on. If you register for the race, the practice is free. Sunday, the doors open at 8:00 AM, and racing starts at 1:30 PM.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ELR,
After thinking about it for a while, I would say the best thing to do would be to come out to the track during some of the races and check out the cars and equipment you are thinking of buying. Some people will tell you to buy the best of everything, but I am a firm believer that you don't need top of the line stuff, especially if you are just starting out. The biggest gains in results you will see initially, will be from learning how to adjust your car setup to work well, and practice your driving skills. But then again, I just re-read your post, and realize that you have run nitro cars in the past, so you probably not just starting out.
The TC3 would probably be a good choice. Lots of other racers have TC3s, so it will be easy to get advice or help with that. The Losi XXXS would be the other choice as a popular car. The newest batteries are Nickle Metal Hydride rather than Nicad, and they should have a charger that is designed to charge them. If you get a RTR version, the charger and batteries should be the only things that you would need to purchase separate.
If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here, or you can e-mail me by clicking the e-mail icon at the bottom on this post. Hope to see you racing soon!

1 - 20 of 1390 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.