Hobbyist Forums banner

3761 - 3780 of 3803 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Maybe you've been looking/asking in the wrong places? I've never seen you post on this thread?

I think a lot of people migrated to Facebook and the "other" rc site.

If you're interested in racing, stop over at Summit Raceway and we'll get you set up.

·
Registered
564 Posts
USVTA INDOOR CARPET NATS

One other item to mention ........ To keep things fair and eliminate doubt, we are doing motor and esc tech this year for VTA, USGT and F1. We have a neutral individual (not running those classes) performing tech. Our hope is to get the majority of the motor/esc tech done on Friday.

*All classes will be subject to standard tech (voltage, weight, ride height, etc.).

We are using an Instek Milliohm Meter (resistance of the stator) and the Reilley Motorsports Blinky Buster (shows boost in the esc).

We're still fine tuning the details but wanted everyone to be aware. We want a level playing field and some good/clean racing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
hey Chris sorry about this and if I may say...Im not sure whom you been speaking with, but Im a lot more outsider than you(TN) and Ive been to Ft Wayne several times as well as Indy to race...and Ive always have been made to feel welcome...the guys up there are very easy and cool to be around. Me and my family like coming to race and enjoy the weekend.

I hope you dont let one person turn you off of the Ft Wayne crew and racers...for one bad apple...there are a ton of other fruits that are ready to be eaten

Myron...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm sorry for the abrasiveness of that last post - I had to vent! I've lived in this area on, and off for the last twenty plus years since I was born here (unfortunately) I've been between here, and there since 1988. Any way, I won't go into semantics about why I'm turned off to racing, but when I sent one of the other members here my personal info I was ignored as if I wasn't even in existence! That alone left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn't want that again. It might not have been in this very thread, but I have joined in the conversation about it here earlier in my tenure as a member. After that I've been a little bit bitter. I don't know who to talk to, or where to go since there are so many venues for this, and little advertising about it. I will keep my eyes peeled for a thread like this, and follow along to get an idea of who, and what to watch. Thank you guys for reading.

~ Chris

·
Registered
564 Posts
Schedule for this week -
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - Track setup and seat assignments
Thursday - Closed
Friday - Doors open at noon
Saturday - Doors open at 8
Sunday - Doors open at 8

·
Registered
476 Posts
Usvta event

Kudos to M Miller, D Hart and S Heath for hosting the USVTA series. Very well organized, nice facilities to accommodate all and wonderful hosts.

Thanks for taking the initiative of complete tech for the classes. Great way for ensuring a solid level playing field. And super Kudos to Michael "ROCKSTAR PAINTS" Jones for completing all the high tech TECH-ING all weekend long, professionally executed!

And thanks for the always entertaining race director narrators of Cody Woods and Michael Larson.

Had to miss Sunday (I've got to retire, work is getting in the way) but sure it was as good as Friday/Saturday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what's the schedule for racing these days? A few of us are thinking of coming down and partaking of ft wayne's elegant ambiance for a race evening.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We race road course on Fridays. Doors at 4 and Racing at 7.

We are having a special Saturday on road race - 4/23/16.

Why such a late start time for the race?

The people that may travel from out of town may not want to come with that late of a start. Racing may go until 1-2 am depending on the number of attendee's?

Great facility and place to race but the prospect of leaving there at 1-2 am and getting home at 4-5 am is deterring me from attending. Just my 2 cents from an outsiders point of view.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Why such a late start time for the race?

The people that may travel from out of town may not want to come with that late of a start. Racing may go until 1-2 am depending on the number of attendee's?

Great facility and place to race but the prospect of leaving there at 1-2 am and getting home at 4-5 am is deterring me from attending. Just my 2 cents from an outsiders point of view.
I was thinking the same thing...kinda of a late start

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Start time at 2pm. You figure 1.5 hours per round plus an hour for resorts/awards, etc. That puts us ending at 9pm?
Maybe they were thinking of the last race that had an unexpected 90 entries that ran a little late. I was still back home in Indy by 2am though, which I don't think is unreasonable given the circumstances.

Maybe it's just because I'm not a morning person, but I prefer the little later of a start. I can wake up at 7 and still be at the track for doors open. I prefer getting home around midnight than having to wake up at 5am and head to the track.

I'll be there!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Keep as is. Remember, you cant make everyone happy. The fact your running a Saturday Race to accommodate those who have asked is huge. Some people will just keep asking for stuff even if they have no real plans on coming. Its nice for them to have an excuse.

IE...Cant make it on Fridays, I work too late, or Don't want to stay too late.

If people want to race, they will come regardless. Some of the guys coming from Chicago or Louisville, or Cincinnati have not said much but look how far they are driving.

I will step off the ol Soap box now.

·
Registered
476 Posts
2015-16 Season

A very fitting last Main for the last race of the season exemplifying all the great action at Summit Raceway On Road.

As always, thanks to Dave, Mark and Scott for a super season. Always well run with emphasis on the participants. Top notch carpet-driver stand-climate control-pits-shop and friendly group.

Looking forward to the 2016-17 season.

J Steger
Old Milwaukee Sponsored

·
Registered
564 Posts
A very fitting last Main for the last race of the season exemplifying all the great action at Summit Raceway On Road.

As always, thanks to Dave, Mark and Scott for a super season. Always well run with emphasis on the participants. Top notch carpet-driver stand-climate control-pits-shop and friendly group.

Looking forward to the 2016-17 season.

J Steger
Old Milwaukee Sponsored

Thanks John! As always, it's a pleasure rubbing fenders with ya!

3761 - 3780 of 3803 Posts