Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit Raceway will be holding a trophy race on the carpet road course on Sunday, April 1. Classes will include 1/12 stock, 1/12 13.5 brushless, 1/10 touring stock foam tire, and 1/10 Speed GT (touring car with 2 door body, cs27tires, 4300 brushless or 19t motor).

Doors open at 9:00 am. Racing will start at noon.

Cost is $20 for first class and only $5 for each additional class.

John

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
We even have guys on our offroad thread saying that they are coming to the April 1st onroad race. We hope to have a great turnout.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a few questions about the race. I haven't been to Summit Raceway so I was wondering if someone could suggest what tire compunds to use for 12th scale. I have a Gen X so I would prefer using CRC Pro Cuts but I am open to whatever works.

Next, any idea of an estimated ending time?

Does the hobby shop stock Gen X and CRC parts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use White rear and magenta front, others use White rear and purple front. Either will work great. The hobby shope has very few Gen-X parts.

We are usually done by 5:30 or 6:00...

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have some parts and others at the track have parts. If you find me I'm sure if you break something we can get you taken care of......

Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
What seems to be the difference in handling between the magenta and purple front tires? And I assume you are talking about the CRC Pro Cuts.

·
Registered
252 Posts
AChupp2 said:
What seems to be the difference in handling between the magenta and purple front tires? And I assume you are talking about the CRC Pro Cuts.
Magenta has more bite!! Yes, we are talking pro cut high rollers.

Speaking of bite, sounds like Brad will bite anything!! :cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
sounds like i should be there as well. should be a fun time as summit puts on one helluva show and a great time. im in for stk 12.

-Zac

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Dustin Losi frk said:
The Richards are in for some 1/12
Stock? or Columbus stock? LOL! Look forward to seeing you guys again...
airconde said:
Do they race on sat.
April Fool's Day is a Sunday this year, but the track normally runs oval on Saturdays...

I'm in for 12 stock and hopefully TC stock as well...

-Sean

1 - 20 of 45 Posts