Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 1146 Posts

· Registered
2,060 Posts
redbaron said:
Anyone wanting to help build the offroad track this year? New faces and ideas welcome.
I'm not sure how much help I can be this year.... I got alot of things happening right now.
I hope to donate some time. I don't know much about putting one in, but I can help sling a wheel barrow.

Hey Dale, I have some LiPo batteries for you to check out. I think their gonna be sweet. I bring them in tomorrow night.

Ben

· Registered
1,150 Posts
cory30 said:
OpTiCaL said:
Anyone put any thought into running 6 minute qualifiers and maybe some 8 minute mains in offroad?
We run 6 minute quals last year.
I remember having to pedal for 8 minutes in 12 stock back before the batteries were on steroids, and it sucked. I am all for more seat time, but I don't want to win a race because I have brand new 4200s and someone else has last year's 3800s. Now I know that off-road doesn't suck the juice like on-road does, but I'm worried about scaring off some of the lower budget racers because they can't battery up and there is no way I'm going to pedal in stock on the dirt. I think 6 minutes is plenty...

-Sean

· Registered
34 Posts
yeah, i was thinkin of that too, i have some old 3300's that i use and i can go out and practice for well over 10 minutes... yeah i know that practice and racing are different drain on the batteries, but i also know that after a 6 minute race is done i can go back out and pratice for several more minutes. Why not try it, if only for one heat or one qualifier?

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm expecting the turnouts to better than last year. Yes, a few have moved to nitro racing, but I think we will see several new faces as regulars too.

2WD stock came on strong last summer and should remain that way this summer.

4WD mod seems like it will stay strong and probably grow this year again. I've heard several people mention running their 4 wheelers this summer. I'll be running my XX4 again this year and hope to get more consistant and at least run more laps than the stock trucks! Maybe I can get some driving lessons and learn a little along the way.

There are always trucks out for offroad.

Should be a great summer!

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Don't worry about the nitro guys. Let them do their thing, if we don't blow them a bunch of BS, maybe they'll show up once in a while. We're here to talk about the electric Summit outdoor season. We need to get started recruiting some new meat.

I can't wait to get the BK2 busy.

Ben

21 - 40 of 1146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.