Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
dasupacat said:
Those 13.5's are faster than stocks.
This is the last off-road race I ran....stock brushless. There is not much difference in speed and brushless has alot less torque. As you can see I wasn't TQ and did not have the fastest lap. I just got lucky in the main.
I prefer brushless for less maintenance but brushed has more power.:)

Stock Buggy - A MainRace# 2DriverCar#PosLapsRace TimeFast LapQualBarron, John3WIN 155:12.574 19.8582 - 14/5:00.442Overton, Matt12 155:16.312 18.923TQ - 15/5:11.836Barron, Johnathan23 145:10.177 20.1843 - 14/5:01.108White, Jason44 145:15.509 20.7704 - 14/5:02.613Gilland, Chad65 135:02.004 21.8416 - 13/5:08.459Sharpley, Dave56 135:06.301 20.7125 - 13/5:04.704Gambill, Chris77 125:14.554 23.2637 - 12/5:02.101Kirby, Anthony88 115:06.595 23.3958 - 12/5:27.492

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
FACT 13.5 brushless is 2 laps faster in oval and roadcourse and I'll lay money that when Red Barron figures out how to adjust car setup an gearing it WILL be faster in dirt.

MAN.........I SURE HOPE I CAN FIGURE OUT CAR SETUP!

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Dale,

Do you have equipment lined-up for this weekend? Bobcat, Power Tamper, Hand Tamper?
Give me a call when you get the tubes removed. I got a busy plate but as I stated before...I'll do what I can.

I'm open for what ever everyone wants to do....Layout wise.

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
The Cross-over needs to be removed. While they are alot of fun, the parts breakage is not. I almost got clipped in the head 2 times, while it might have helped me, I don't think it is good for the track.

I helped put in the cross-overs and they will be removed on tue. & wed. this week. Nick's Hobby shop has volunteered the use of the bobcat and Dale will provide a tamper that won't cut-off on top of the jumps.

We should be able to remove a few tubes, rearrange some dirt, compact the new jumps and rearrange tubes for new layout.

The most help will be needed with tamping and sweeping after the dirt is moved. See attached pic for proposed layout change.

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
In the last pro series races we ran at everyone ran 7 min. mains and it was no big deal with run time. It don't matter to me 6 minutes is just fine.
I think the biggest question I have is....WHY Does it take so long to get racers back out to turn marshal. I got so tired of waiting to run. A racer minute is ok but to have to have Seth literally beg to get anyone to turn marshal is ridiculous. I understand things happen but this seems excessive. We have never docked a lap for not marshaling but we should consider it.

Anyway…..19T / 4300 buggy class would be fun!

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
racer1 said:
seems to me as many years as this place has been running that they should gewt there head out of there and lay down the law all the guys that were there know that they are to marshel but it is the track that lets this happen over and over !!!

and the track layout is well you know what i want to say but I will get blasted for what I have all ready said so I will shut up before I get booted

have fun see ya down the road maybe
Could this be the famous "T. FOGELSON"?
or just another mystery guest?

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
convikt said:
come on now, you all cant expect the marshals to be on there toes and ready to pounce. When the show runs smooth there may not be that much of a problem (not knockin, Seth did a fine job considering what went wrong w/ computer and the sky getting ready to puke) I did miss marshaling a couple of times, but 2 classes and broken $hit left and right w/ absolutly no brakes between rounds, made it rough. I ran a 13.5 as well in 2wd and a 4300 in mod truck for whoever was counting.
I understand when your running 2 classes and you got breakage to deal with. Just let the race director know whats going on and all should be good.
What gets me goin is the guys that are just sitting there doing nothing and are supposed to be marshaling. The point sportpak was making was the lack of not the quality of the racer turn marshals.
I'm sure once the track is fixed I'm sure things will get better.

· Premium Member
1,043 Posts
ashxxxnt said:
so is anyone bitching about the brushless running with the brushedyet . what i seen they do have a good deal of more power. but i think as long as you dont hve a wide open track. there wont be to much of a advantage. thats my thoughts.
Mine felt a little softer on acceleration but had EXACT same speed as Johnathan's car on the straight

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.