Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New thread for the summer 2007 offroad season.

Looks like a great summer coming up -

May 26? - Possible Memorial Weekend race - last year's regular weekly race on this saturday was huge. Might as well look into making it a special occasion!

July 14/15 - ROAR Region 5 Offroad

August 11 - Factory Tracks Midwest Series Race

September - Indiana Outdoor Electric Offroad Champs.

Plus all of the regular weekly races in between just for the pure fun of offroad racing!

Check out www.summitrcraceway.com

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm expecting the turnouts to better than last year. Yes, a few have moved to nitro racing, but I think we will see several new faces as regulars too.

2WD stock came on strong last summer and should remain that way this summer.

4WD mod seems like it will stay strong and probably grow this year again. I've heard several people mention running their 4 wheelers this summer. I'll be running my XX4 again this year and hope to get more consistant and at least run more laps than the stock trucks! Maybe I can get some driving lessons and learn a little along the way.

There are always trucks out for offroad.

Should be a great summer!

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #567 ·
Seth,
I'm bringing a truck tomorrow and I have a modified motor in it right now. I know you've been itchin' to run some Mod truck. I don't know what competition I will be, but I can get down the straight pretty quick.

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
Oh, well, the truck idea didn't fly. I went with the crowd in stock buggy. We did talk Seth into running the truck today though. I think he was anticipating the Transformers movie though. Through the day, what he was driving changed from a Mod truck to a Mod 4wd to a 13.5 brushless truck. I wasn't sure what to look for next. I was betting on something with a Corvette body.
The Weather Channel probably scared a lot of racers off today.

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #636 · (Edited)
The track was great for me. The whoops just to the left of the drivers stand was the spot that took a while to figure out. The track seemed to suit me great. I had the best day in 4 wheel that I have had all summer. That is until the main. One really should make sure to re-tighten the motor clamp before going out to run!! I was hoping to give David a run for his money in the main.
The results are posted on the website. Thanks to Nathan Bauer for pointing out that the TQ times for each class have not been showing up on the results recently. We have it there now, and I think it should show up from now on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.