Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
OpTiCaL said:
hahaha, yeah, i thought you might like that.

I think we really should try runnin at least one 8 minute qual on one of the early weeks... we would proly be the only track in the world runnin 8 min. in electric, if that aint something to put us on the map another criss-cross definately will not.
There is a track in North Carolina already running 20 minute mains in electric. Time to sell everything and get brushless/liPo's.
My batteries may make 8 Min but hope my truck will hold together that long.

· Registered
187 Posts
Hustler said:
I don't have to worry about lap traffic landing on my car in 12th as often as we would in Buggy Stock with a crossover and an 8 minute race. I don't want to hear anyone whining about lap cars wrecking their run because the slower cars can't make the crossover at the 7 minute mark... But wait, why do I care? I threw my car last year... Let's try it, but remember that not everyone has the equipment that the frontrunners do...

-Sean
I just might have to sell some of my fleet of cars to buy more batteries.

· Registered
187 Posts
The only mod I plan on running is 4wheel. Stk truck/buggy unless I can find a tire sponser for mod. I don't mind burning the tires off my 4wheel and it may happen if all the cars that are out there show up every week but didn't have to worry about that much last year. Then again if there is no stk truck/buggy guess mod it will be.

· Registered
187 Posts
Maybe we could run them together and just score them individually like some of the big car races do. At least so there can be a comparison and if you get beat by a brushless you can still be first in brushed.

· Registered
187 Posts
ashxxxnt said:
due to my lack of funds something had to go. and i did not have much in the 4 wh compared to the trk and buggy
No one says you have to run all the classes but having them all covered allows you to pick the one you want each week. I have ran multiple classes and it isn't always fun(financially and time), unless the car count is high which allows enough time between rounds to work on stuff.

· Registered
187 Posts
sportpak said:
It was Austins last minute idea to put in the double crossover into the double double section we had planned out. I guess we all encouraged him too. It's gonna be awesome double hopping that section with cars going under you both hops. Now we need some rain to help finish this beast off.

Ben
It has been tested my BJ4 made it no problem with bald tires and no traction at the hands of Austin, me on the other hand had troubles.

· Registered
187 Posts
airborn said:
Well guys another one is in the books, and I would like to say a special thanks to John K, Ken, and ben for helping out a lot on marshalling and stuff. John B thanks for locking up for me so I could jet to the family....

seth
Seth good job running the show......All I can say is lots of carnage...but still fun trying to figure it out...

· Registered
187 Posts
Don't push the time up to where the people with old batteries have to quit racing or buy new just to race. not everyone has the budget to keep up with the batteries, I just don't want to force people to quit because they can't afford the best batteries and brushless systems. It costs enough just to get to the track anymore. Besides some of us couldn't make 6 minutes because of breakage.

· Registered
187 Posts
sportpak said:
I agree, a tidy program would be much more efficient and enjoyable for everyone. I volunteered three of four times to marshall. I don't always mind, I didn't break anything. If we penalized someone, or someone missed a heat because we couldn't wait 15 frickin' minutes, chances are that person will have their stuff together the next time. Simple policies like that are very fair and very clear cut.Ben
I saw many times where there were volunteers (not volunteering for the drivers) when there should have been actual drivers marshalling, just because you don't make the race or pull you car because it broke doesn't mean you shouldn't have to marshal. The marshals should be waiting for the racers not the other way around. I myself have taken my stuff inside and still made it back out to marshal.

· Registered
187 Posts
sportpak said:
As far as marshalling goes, we're all adults, we all know we have to marshall the following race. We can't hold the program at fault. Your accountable for your own actions. Save us the BS people.
Some of the biggest complainers about marshalling are also the one's that fail to go out an marshal.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.