Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
sportpak said:
I hope to donate some time. I don't know much about putting one in, but I can help sling a wheel barrow.

Hey Dale, I have some LiPo batteries for you to check out. I think their gonna be sweet. I bring them in tomorrow night.

Ben
Bring em Dude, can't wait to check em out!

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
ashxxxnt said:
i can help as long as the gf is not working. when is the season looking to start.
April 21st is the weekend of the Tractor Pull & Monster Truck meet at the raceway and we will rework the track that weekend and then we'll start the season the 28th. Anyone wanting to start before then will be good also.
Originally Posted by redbaron
[/Quote]I want to do another cross-over jump![/QUOTE] Y-e-a-h! That's what I'm talkin about!

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
nutz4rc said:
I am planning on bringing two B4s one for stock and one mod. I also have a Schumacher Cat 3000 I will try. A gas 1/8 scale destroyed my XX4 last year at another track.

Based on the turnout at Lynn last year for the state race, you have the only true state championship race. Stock day there were four buggies and six (I think) trucks. Mod day was slightly better.

I will try to be there to help with the track build.

Will a Novak 13.5 brushless be allowed in stock. No big deal if not just asking.
Yes, 13.5 will be allowed to run stock for weekly racing. Thanks for the offer on the track build. :)

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Hustler said:
This is simply not the case in onroad. Here is the April Fool's Day results. 12 brushless:

Best Heat Lap/Time for 1/12 13.5 brushless:
Ken Miller with 50/8:07.11

-- 1/12 13.5 brushless - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name
1 1 49 8:09.58 Ken Miller
2 3 47 8:02.56 Dale Monroe
3 2 47 8:03.37 John Kissel 9

12 stock...

Best Heat Lap/Time for 1/12 Stock On Road:
Chuck Lonergan with 51/8:07.78
-- 1/12 Stock On Road - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name
1 1 50 8:03.28 Chuck Lonergan
2 2 50 8:05.79 Phil Zimmerman
3 3 50 8:06.86 David Lee
4 4 49 8:00.03 Brad Mergy 10
5 5 49 8:07.18 Ron Ferguson 10
6 8 48 8:00.34 Sean Bushnell
7 9 48 8:03.10 clayton White
8 6 48 8:08.41 Jody Flipse
9 7 47 8:08.20 Steve Dunn
10 0 43 8:01.08 Cory Ferguson 10

Now, I don't mean to insult Ken, but almost all of these guys in the stock A main are currently quicker than he is. Chuck is a national level talent. Ken stated that his motor was more akin to a 19T, rather than a stocker. That 13.5 motor RUNS.

Less torque means you won't be spinning the tires out of the corner as much. And with more speed down the straights? I think 13.5 is a definite advantage. Give it that Sintered rotor? Forget about it!

I think this needs some discussion.

I am all for the brushless and I am going to get one. But I don't want this to be misrepresented as two equal motors because they simply aren't. I also want a way that we can have both on the track at the same time and not have anyone complaining about who's got what...

-Sean
I think that's a bad example Sean. If you look at the results several drivers in stock matched kens fastest lap and a couple were faster than that despite having to race in much heavier traffic. http://hometown.aol.com/sheath9831/raceway040107.html From my experience with the brushless you can really over-gear the 13.5 when your racing oval and get more speed but the low end power isn't the same as stock and that could make a difference in off-road.

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Speaking of rules, here are the rules for our Midwest Factory Tracks Race in August. http://www.factorytracks.com/rules.html Look them over because some of the rules are probably different than you may have seen before. They do allow Lipos for they're mod classes. For the ROAR Region 5 race the rules can be downloaded on their website http://roarracing.com/rules.php. We do have the option of adding 13.5 brushless classes, buggy and/or truck if we have the interest. They would be considered exhibition classes.

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Ken and Sean. Whenever we run on saturdays the 13.5 and stock classes will be split up if the stock racers want that. This is all about being able to race and have a good time and you can't do that if you feel you are being treated unfairly. That's why I seperated the 12th and TC classes for the on-road trophy race even though some complained. Some of us are wanting another cross-over jump, that was probably my favorite track so I hope we do another one this year.

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
I was just talking to someone this week and he mentioned to me what I have heard before and that is in 6 cell racing 13.5 is much closer to stock. I guess we'll see this summer. :cool: Also I was told that Novak was working on a 16.5 and a speed control for low cost racing for later this year. Probably for Spec and Novice racing.

· Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Hustler said:
Thanks Dale. I don't think I'm being treated unfairly, and even if I were I'd just nerf Barron back to DeKalb county! I was hoping we all could discuss how to work around this issue so everyone could be on the track, brushless or brushed, and everyone would feel like they got a fair shake. We've been running these 13.5s and 4300s for a whole season and we've found that they are comparable to stock and 19T, but the brushless are faster in both classes. As I said before, if we get into the dirt and find the 13.5 is junk, then so be it. But if it's faster, then we'll have to make some adjustments in order to let them run together. How is this unreasonable? (Under 150 words for Barron-approved reading)

-Sean
Sounds very reasonable to me.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.