Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit R/C Raceway is proud to announce the 2012 Off-Road Shootout!

July 13/14

Friday Open Practice / Saturday 3 Qualifiers and Mains

Fri: 12:00pm-8:00pm / Sat: Open 8:00am Racing 11:00am

ENTRY FEE
25$ First Class / 15$ Additional

*Trophies and Prizes*

CLASSES
Open 2WD Buggy
Open 4WD Buggy
Open 2WD Short Course
Open 4WD Short Course
Open Stadium Truck
1/8 Electric E-Buggy
Spec Slash

1421 Goshen Ave. Fort Wayne, IN 46808 (260) 471-2722
Contact with any questions

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Summit Off-Road Shootout is less than two weeks away now! Make your plans to be there!

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Hi Guppy. Same layout for the Shoot-Out race. There will be a new layout for the Midwest Electric Off-Road championships August 25.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
QUOTE EDITED OUT

I understand the frustration BUT several things contributed to this situation. #1 The track builders were attending other big races. #2 I'm not physically able to build tracks anymore. #3 Extreme HEAT this summer has made it difficult to both move the clay and concern for heat exhaustion. I know, I know..... It sounds like excuses but I want a layout change as much as the rest, if not more.
I can guarantee you that the " fast guys " will always be fast at what ever track they go to even if the layout has been in all season. With that being said.... please remember sportsmanship during your issues with things like this and enjoy the great times we have at the track no matter what track you race at.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Well put Baron. Just a few weeks ago we dumped two tri axle loads of clay on our dirt tri oval and off road tracks. We are waiting on rain to help everything mix well. We have cultivated, aeriated, racked, drug, rolled, swept, and blown the track. It is improving but still hard to work on. I have been able to move jumps and change them some but that is most of what could be done. However everyone had a great time last Thursday night even with the heat and the stubborn track surface.

Good luck. Hope to make it back up and run with you guys again soon. Time has been consumed by work on tracks here when we aren't racing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts