Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Hw HAS THOSE GREY HOUND ONES FROM THE EIGHTIES, THEY DON'T STAND MUCH TALLER THAN REG CAR THOUGH, I HAD A PULL BACK TYPE BUS WHEN I WAS A KID, DON'T REMEMBER WHAT MAKE, THOUGH, WHAT IF YA REPAINTED A JL MOTOR HOME ?

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i found one on e bay 1/43rd scale. $295.00
it looked great. but not at that price. if it was around $90.00 i would have bought it.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YIKES!!:eek:

...that's a lot of scratch, for something that's going to be drilled more times, than Pamela Anderson and Paris Hilton ,combined.:devil:

1:43? I wonder how much detail it had?

I found my Greyhound pull back but it's gonna be too big (6" or so) to display with 1:64 scale.
It would have made a much better Speed bus,anyhow.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i stopped off at eckards sunday thay had 3 newyork buses. i may pick all 3 up and do some serrious body grafting thay are very close to a look alike. on sale for 2.99. thay are pull back buses. but what the heck. thay look like thay will be close to 1/64

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
RobDog said:
YIKES!!:eek:

...that's a lot of scratch, for something that's going to be drilled more times, than Pamela Anderson and Paris Hilton ,combined.:devil:

1:43? I wonder how much detail it had?

I found my Greyhound pull back but it's gonna be too big (6" or so) to display with 1:64 scale.
It would have made a much better Speed bus,anyhow.
the detail was outstanding. all hand built in the urkrane and all metal
just search ebay under eagle bus. its in the buy it now section. he had 2 and the 2nd one i belive was $395.00 and thay were raw. i saw no paint :wave:

·
Registered
673 Posts
The closest I can come up with is the Micro Machines "Greyhound Coach." Being a MM it's probably too small for what you're looking for, but the plastic would probably be easier to drill out :)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spencer1984 said:
The closest I can come up with is the Micro Machines "Greyhound Coach." Being a MM it's probably too small for what you're looking for, but the plastic would probably be easier to drill out :)
in this case,smaller is better.
Drilling the bullet holes would be a total nightmare though- but do-able, with fine tipped paint pen,or a sharp pointed dart.
smaller will fit into the same display slots as the 1:64 cars.

Some of my Hollywood cars are 1:87... small but are the right make, model and color I need, -until something better comes along.

Thanks for the tip,I'll have to look into it :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts